I really hope this happens and are priced reasonably instead of all of the high end that is going up in Houston right now.

I also like the design, although I would have seen this more in the Uptown Area, or Westchase Area before near the Museum district.

Either way, I hope it's built.

Guest danax

Quite nice. Eclectic design once again. Blue green glass like 80s-90s, the box balconies like 60s apartments (2016 Main), front lines like Moderne and the ornamental airfoil flap motif looks like 70s solar panels. Now, if they would make them actual solar panels then our sustainability rankings would soar! :rolleyes:

Not sure if the residential will be leases or sales. Almeda is destined to be a nice boulevard and will help open up the South Central area to redevelopment.

Very nice! And yes, I agree to the above statment. Almeda in that area is turning out raher nice (in the TMC, they added a median with trees, I think, and fixed up the pavement). Hopefully, this project gets built!

Hmm..maybe with this project, we could have a nice little mini uptownish thing going in in the Museum DIst. After all, the ZaZa is coming soon to the Warwick, the light rail is right there, and then..this. Maybe this could spur some new development in the area, or something.

one tower will be condos and one will be for lease.  This will also make the financing for the whole project easier to accomplish. units will be small and affordable. more to come...

i would think twice about doing small condos. while the price points may generate interest, when it comes time to buy, they are going to say they want more room for possible expansion (ie married, have a kid, get a roommate, have a study, etc.) one can convince some of them that you will be giving up space for location, for a majority of buyers, it doesn't fly too well in houston.

just my $0.02

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Proposals are a dime a dozen. Construction is the elusive goal that is not always plentiful.

I might be so wild as guess for every condo tower that exists in this city there have been 5 or 6 proposed. Maybe more.

Of the dozen or so condo proposals on the board, which one will actually get built?

I can promise you that this one is happening. Groundbreaking is set for October. If you drive by you can see the sales / leasing center. One of the towers will be for lease and will be built immediately; the other tower will be condo. Both the garage and 1 acre amenity deck will go up with the first tower (for lease). Hopefully they will have enough presales to build the second tower (condo) at the same time. I know ill be buying a unit if that helps.

Good news Houston Retail. This groundbreaking is not like Orion's is it. I mean they built a whole welcome center and everything and they are now faultering.

I hope you're right that they are moving forward.

a welcome center doesn't mean diddly. the mark/mercer, treemont, scamrock, etc were all done out of trailers. montebello/villa and the tanglewood were done out of retail centers. monaco (actually bought the adjacent house) and orion had welcome centers.

and to houston-retail, are you saying that they already have financing in place on the apartments? do you know what % of sales will be needed to break ground on the condos? you cant just come on here, especially with your insight, and give generic, blanket statements... you know better than that ;)

^^

I didn't say the welcom center did.

I was pointing out that this complex having the trailer and everything on site doesn't mean anything will happen.

I would love here the nubmers of % sold and if financing is in place for this project.