So, I'm not a real estate expert.

I own the property and have been contemplating selling for the right price.. I would much rather have a condo than a single family home.

How much should this development, if it goes to completion affect my land values? Up, down?

What are prices psf in this area? Our lot is 6800sf, in the corner, so it faces both N MacGregor AND the feeder/freeway. As such, I think it's probably more useful as commercial property than (its current use, due to noise) as residential. If I could get ~$30psf plus $50,000 for the structure, It'd be pretty convincing. There is a similar house in the neighborhood (lot size, structure size) listed for $350,000.

Edited by Ian Rees

I read in the Ocober issue of 002 magazine that prices start at $190s. No wonder there are 800 units if they are that cheap.

I understand the sales office was open this weekend. I would be interested to hear what they had to say if any of you went by.

They also hired a designer who worked on the W's design to do the interiors. The sales office is worth seeing. The model makes a very efficient use of space. Groundbreaking has been pushed back a month to November, but this is going to happen, and it will prove that there is a untapped market for small, affordable units located in great neighborhoods neat transit.

They also hired a designer who worked on the W's design to do the interiors. The sales office is worth seeing. The model makes a very efficient use of space. Groundbreaking has been pushed back a month to November, but this is going to happen, and it will prove that there is a untapped market for small, affordable units located in great neighborhoods neat transit.

i wish them the best of luck with small and affordable units. as i said earlier, i dont think it's a houston kinda thing. however, if the floorplans are done right, maybe people would be more willing to accept it.

would you happen to know the average price/sqft and/or have floorplans for us?? ;)

There are way too many plans to post. The website should be live tommorow, so you wont have to wait too long. You can always go to the sales center and pick up even more info.

The avg price per foot will be around $300.

need traffic? ;)

ill take a look at the floorplans (when available) and give my honest opinion.

just my $0.02.... they shouldnt have anything smaller than 800 sq ft (excluding patio/balcony).

I went to the sales office today.

Wow!

They have an entire 1bd model unit inside the building.

This is a real deal; the welcome center is not a trailer; in fact, the salesperson bragged that it cost $1m to build the welcome center. It's a real building (though, obviously, cheaply made -- I watched them build it and thought the quality of construction was very sketchy.)

The 2bedroom floorplans are awesome. I might scan one and post it if it doesn't show up on their website soon. The 2bd's start at $327k. A bit too expensive, I guess. I'd rather spend 2/3rds for an older unit in Parklane/IlPalazzo/1400 Hermann.

I wish I was finished with my PhD and my girlfriend was finished with her CPA :)

Additionally, the salespeople told me they intend to build both towers immediately, and both will likely be condos (no rentals, as the Chron reported.)

Both finished fall '07.

I went to the sales office today.

Wow!

They have an entire 1bd model unit inside the building.

This is a real deal; the welcome center is not a trailer; in fact, the salesperson bragged that it cost $1m to build the welcome center. It's a real building (though, obviously, cheaply made -- I watched them build it and thought the quality of construction was very sketchy.)

The 2bedroom floorplans are awesome. I might scan one and post it if it doesn't show up on their website soon. The 2bd's start at $327k. A bit too expensive, I guess. I'd rather spend 2/3rds for an older unit in Parklane/IlPalazzo/1400 Hermann.

I wish I was finished with my PhD and my girlfriend was finished with her CPA :)

Additionally, the salespeople told me they intend to build both towers immediately, and both will likely be condos (no rentals, as the Chron reported.)

Both finished fall '07.

I guessed it changed from this morning.

I see the same home page as before. When I click to enter I get the page does not exist error. I'm guessing they are work on it again.

I'll take you guys' word on it that the site is pretty good.

This morning all I got was just to inquire about more information.

I guessed it changed from this morning.

I see the same home page as before. When I click to enter I get the page does not exist error. I'm guessing they are work on it again.

I'll take you guys' word on it that the site is pretty good.

This morning all I got was just to inquire about more information.

Try again, kjb. http://www.mosaichouston.com/

Great floor plans but they need to give some orientation to the site. N, S, E or W?

B)

I drive by that site almost everyday. Unfortunately their sales office is only accesible over a torn up Almeda - which I hope doesnt hurt there numbers. In fact sometimes the road construction closes that side altogether. Not to many people with BMW's or Merc. are going to drive over that rough driveway to speak to someone about living there.

I really, really would like to see this project get going, with the recent cancelations of other notable residential highrises ie Redstone, Monaco, and Shamerock(I think its nearly dead), this would be a shot in the arm for developers wanting to build towers like this closer in to downtown. And it would be a nice anchor for the eastern edge of the musuem district.

Not sure if someone already touched on this, but aparently Franklin Street Coffeehouse, YAPA Kitchen Fresh Take-away will be the retail components on the bottom floor of this building, both seem like a good fit for the area. I can see quit a few rich folks from the boulevards driving over to YAPA for some $10 potato salad. And coffee is almost a perfect fit anywhere.

I really, really would like to see this project get going, with the recent cancelations of other notable residential highrises ie Redstone, Monaco, and Shamerock(I think its nearly dead), this would be a shot in the arm for developers wanting to build towers like this closer in to downtown. And it would be a nice anchor for the eastern edge of the musuem district.

Not just as an anchor for the eastern Museum District (emud?) but also as a general "pebble in the pond" that will potentially send ripples of development in all directions, and some of those directions to the east across 288 might start changing dramatically. Those fine old homes from the 20s in Washington Terrace might finally get rescued from their 50 years of ghettodom too.

This could actually hurt potential Downtown residential projects in that this area would be a more desirable place to live in many ways, being distant from the skyline and near to all of the upscale neighborhoods and amenities to the west, while living in the heart of Downtown usually gives views of sides of buildings and the street below. The East-West rail will pass by somewhere near too.

I visited the sales office on October 14. I was told that the south tower is for sale and the north tower is for lease. That makes no sense. If you purchase a unit your view would be of the other building to the north or Astroworld and some of the park to the south. I see on a prior post that someone was told both buildings are for sale.

The model they have in the sales office is 1 bedroom, 1.5 bath. Approximately 900 sq. ft. This unit for sale in the south tower. On the 8th floor is priced at 238,200 with a view to the south. The units they have advertised in the 190's have almost no closet space.

Hopefully this project will do better on resale than The Mark.

great site but i believe (jmo) that the units are too small. also, will all of the units come with w/d hook-ups? and if so, are they represented on the floorplans with a circle? and, would they be stackable or side-by-side?

best of luck! location needs something like this!

I agree that the units are small, but I think that is the perfect size for a niche in the market. The true amenities will be in the lifstyle of the project, from the workout facility to the pool to the hand picked retail. You wont want to spend all day sitting in your apartment, you will want to be a part of what is going on, not just in the project, but in the park, museums and surrounding neighborhood.

One thing we know for sure, the current market is not accepting larger, high end units for the 40 plus market, lets see what this one does with affordable units aimed at the younger audience. I think it will be a home run.

How much about this team do you know?

I don't see much of tract record.

I just hope the price point is reasonable so the presales are good.

They are doing presales and not reservations, right?

Anyway, it will be interesting to watch.