I've never lived in a condo, but I'm thinking about it some day. Is that sort of HOA fee pretty standard, or is it much higher than the average HOA fee for highrise condos in Houston?

That's fairly standard. In fact, for a full service (e.g. doorman) building, it's on the low side. However, it's not unheard of for a developer to keep maintenance fees artificially low while they're trying to market their units.

Download The Floorplan Here

Exterior.jpgLiving.jpg

Bedroom.jpgKitchen.jpg

Note: Since the unit is not built yet, these photos are examples of the rooms but is not this particular model.

Type: Townhouse / Condo

Bedrooms: 1

Bathrooms: 1

Price: $225,000

State: Texas

City: Houston

Zip Code: 77004

Square Feet: 757

Please send PM for more information.

Investor Special - Pre-Construction Prices

This luxury condo unit is currently under construction at the Mosaic at Hermann Park and experiencing dramatic appreciation rates in 2007. Take advantage of discount prices before these units are complete, and utilize the on-site property management to rent your condo out for possible positive cashflow.

The Mosaic at Hermann Park is owned and being developed by Raleigh, Phillips Development & Realty, and Atlanta-based Wood Partners.

The construction broke ground in December of 2006 and is scheduled for the first round of completion in October 2007. Residents will gaze upon two high-rise towers nearly 30 stories high; each with six stories dedicated to parking and 24 to residential suites. A total of 788 units will be constructed.

The Mosaic is literally minutes from downtown Houston, and located opposite of the upscale and luxurious Hermann Park. Owners will enjoy being literally a walking distance from the Houston Medical District.

Amenities

Amenities at the Mosaic will include a 40,000 square foot amenity deck (nearly 1 acre) with two featured destinations: Motion and Mix.

Motion is a 6,000 square foot workout facility which includes pilates and a boxing studio. Mix is another 6,000 sqft entertainment district featuring billiards, theater and pool area. The pool is a luxurious Infinity edge pool and includes a fire pit, spa and cabanas.

This development is perfect for young, active professionals looking to establish their career in downtown Houston, or anyone in the medical industry craving to be within a stone's throw from work.

Extended Reading

Want to read more about the Mosaic at Hermann Park? Get the latest news at the other end of the following links.

Edited by MyHomeHouston

• 2 weeks later...

Now they are really putting the crane up. Last time I posted about it they seemed to have just put up the base and stopped. When I drove by on my way to work I saw the crane was really starting to get high.

Does anybody know if the retail portion will open when the first tower opens, or not until the second tower is complete?

Edited by Jax

looks like Globe St. is getting around to reporting the second phase:

The last phase of the $211-million, 792-unit Mosaic on Hermann Park has begun. The 30-story, 396-unit project is a twin to the first tower, which is 70% sold out.

"We were waiting for the sales on the first phase before lenders would give approval to put up the second tower," says Jackson King, vice president of operations for Phillips Development & Realty LLC. King says the first phase of the project at 5925 Almeda Rd. is scheduled for completion later this month, with move-ins to take place in November. The second phase is penciled for a late 2008 completion.

http://www.globest.com/news/1005_1005/houston/164649-1.html

2egf913.jpg

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/S...%20News/690044/

Phase One of the two-phase Mosaic on Hermann Park project is nearly sold out with some select inventory still available. Solid will be promoting Phase Two to UK and Irish investors in late January of 2008.

"The favourable exchange rate with the US makes this a great time for UK buyers to invest," says Thompson. "Mosaic is the right market and the right deal. We believe with Mosaic on Hermann Park we have the market, the product and deal structure to secure investment success for our clients."

Houston has some of the most under-valued real estate in the country, according to a recent CNN Money survey. Solid has become the first company in the UK to recognise the exciting potential of Houston and Mosaic on Hermann Park for international buyers.

The location of Mosaic seems to be supreme. I've seen more articles for this than I have for 2727 Kirby. Maybe those will begin surfacing once it's near completion?

I agree, it's a great location. The only downside in my opinion is that it would be a bit of a walk to the Metro Rail (I am guessing 15 minutes +). That's still not too bad but I'd rather be a bit closer.

I know a lot of people on here blast the rail and say it's useless, but I am actually looking for a house / condo (some day) on the red line or future university line. The ease of getting to the Medical Center, Rice, and Downtown is too perfect for us to ever live without it, now that we live in an apartment close to the Red Line.

I know for the average Mosaic resident that won't be a big deal, but for anybody working in the Medical Center, access to the Metro Rail is a huge convenience.

Looking at the pictures of the balconies with the reflective glass facade behind them, I can't help but wonder what it is going to look like when people stick their white or green plastic patio furniture from Walmart outside with their illegal barbecue grill. I didn't see that included in the artist's rendering! :)

Taken Sunday afternoon...

The fence has been taken back from the sidewalk along the retail area and base which front Almeda Road fairly recently.

Mosaic1102107A.jpg

Mosaic1102107B.jpg

Mosaic1102107C.jpg

Mosaic1102107D.jpg

Mosaic1102107E.jpg

Here's a couple of shots of the beginning of what will be the second tower.

Mosaic2102107A.jpg

Mosaic2102107B.jpg

Jax, where are the lights placed around the building?

Edited by ChannelTwoNews
  • Like 1