the building is already located near a freeway. i don't think noise is a problem.

freeway noise is much different than Hammers/Drills. Especially if they even get near falling behind and they work in the wee hours of the night. Or even better waking up to that every morning at 6. Maybe I am just biased because I live near a tower going up and it is so annoying to wake up every morning to that noise.

freeway noise is much different than Hammers/Drills. Especially if they even get near falling behind and they work in the wee hours of the night. Or even better waking up to that every morning at 6. Maybe I am just biased because I live near a tower going up and it is so annoying to wake up every morning to that noise.

I was thinking the same thing, but it could be that alot of people would probably want to buy/sell units on the OTHER side

One thing to consider, it that I would imagine that the majority of the people that would stay in such places don't spend that much time in there homes to begin with (work/play/social life) and it might not be that much of an issue. Plus I'm sure the management would make sure construction would end at a reasonable hour so as to not to disturb their tenants.

Perhaps construction on building #2 will begin months before units in the first building are open for residency. You can have leases signed or what have you months in advance to the point where you're confident enough to begin Phase II.

That might help with some of the noise issues but outside of that, I can see Greco's point. It may end up being annoying for a few months for those first residents.

Perhaps construction on building #2 will begin months before units in the first building are open for residency. You can have leases signed or what have you months in advance to the point where you're confident enough to begin Phase II.

They should have built the South tower first, not the North tower. Then they could have hooked a few more lessees on the basis of the spectacular skyline views.

"Second tower? Er, no, of course we're not building a second tower between this one and downtown! Sign here, please."

They should have built the South tower first, not the North tower. Then they could have hooked a few more lessees on the basis of the spectacular skyline views.

"Second tower? Er, no, of course we're not building a second tower between this one and downtown! Sign here, please."

lol, I do think they will have a system, I would just be pissed if I am paying 2,000 a month to hear construction, but in the end its probably worth it.

• 1 month later...
MOSAIC ANNOUNCES COMPLETION OF VERTICAL CONSTRUCTION

...this property houses 792 total residential units...

...Mosaic has nearly sold all first tower units. Contracts have reached the 100 mark while additional reservations peak 250...

Sorry, a little late coming on on this one but is it me or does this math not pass the sniff test? 792 total units / 2 towers = 396 units per tower...and only 100 contracts? Sounds like about 1/4 to me. As we all know reservations back out many times. How can they say that they have nearly sold all first tower units when they only have contracts on a little over a quarter of them? :blink:

Oh wait...they said nearly sold. Does that mean they got close to selling them but no cigar? :lol:

I am the first to cheer for this project and the impact it could have, but am I missing something here? Doesn't sound like tower two will be coming anytime soon, depending on what the numbers really are...

Edited by BuilderGeek

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - this place would be ideal for me. I work in Lake Jackson, but live in Houston. I would love to live off 288 and inside the loop, which would put my commute at @40 mins.

The location and views would be awesome! Being that close to the museum district, park, med center and not too far from the Galleria would be great.

I hope Almeda would be devloped, b/c right now there is not much there.

I think in a few years once the area matures I will be looking to buy.

Here is a better photo of the Mosaic from a few days ago, and you can see a bit of the construction near the Esplanade apartments at Almeda and Hermann Drive as well.

Jax, I just spent some time viewing your Flicker page, and all I can say is wow. Your nightime exposure is very good as well as your composition. I also like the photoshop colors, they weren't overbearing and added some very nice depth.

400k is cheap compared to what i am guessing will be the cost per sq foot at cosmopolitan.....

I am leaning towards cosmo just because its in a nicer more upscale location, and i think the interiors are supposed to be far more impressive (i.e. integrated appliances). I am def. looking for a more "spa-like" feel to my home, which cosmo seems to offer.

• 3 weeks later...
So what's the "shelter" thing on the roof of Mosaic? Is it a shelter to provide shade for a rooftop pool or something?

I just noticed it for the first time this weekend...

I think I know what you're talking about, and I'm pretty sure that it's just a large architectural ornament.

I drive by the construction site every day on my way to work. It doesn't seem like they have done much lately, at least on the outside. I am sure they are busy at work on the internal structure now or something. I am still curious when the second tower will be started, and what the retail is supposed to be.

I drive by the construction site every day on my way to work. It doesn't seem like they have done much lately, at least on the outside. I am sure they are busy at work on the internal structure now or something. I am still curious when the second tower will be started, and what the retail is supposed to be.

You really think they are going to build a second tower?