5333 Kirby Dr: 2-Story Medical Office In Rice Village

Highrise Tower

Somewhat unrelated, but does anyone know anything about the building just north of this property?  Looks like an old office building with all of the windows sealed off - I had always assumed it was some kind of storage, or somehow related to the body shops nearby but have no idea how it would be.  Looking at it on google maps there is very limited access to the building, even on the back side.  Seems pretty bizarre for what is a good location

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OkieEric said:

Somewhat unrelated, but does anyone know anything about the building just north of this property?  Looks like an old office building with all of the windows sealed off - I had always assumed it was some kind of storage, or somehow related to the body shops nearby but have no idea how it would be.  Looking at it on google maps there is very limited access to the building, even on the back side.  Seems pretty bizarre for what is a good location

It's owned by an entity named Achatus LP, whose franchise tax status is suspended. Before that, it was owned by the Houston Association of Credit Management, who bought it from Bank of the Southwest in 1977. No clue who owned it before then, the County Clerk's search feature isn't that great. Hmmm, I wonder if I can get the digitized records in a database format so I can do my own searches. I've done that with HCAD data, converting it to SQL Server in the past.

• Like 3

• Highrise Tower changed the title to 5333 Kirby Dr: 2-Story Medical Office In Rice Village