F2M Airline Shops: Retail At 2409 Airline Dr.

Urbannizer

27 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I'm so lost as to what a TOD street even is in this city. Is that something that has to be approved first? 

Currently, a Primary TOD street is determined by objective criteria in the TOD manual, and applies within a certain range around a rail or BRT stop, depending on specifics. They automatically apply I assume as soon as the rail/BRT station is in operation. Secondary TOD streets are in a ring outside that, but they do not apply automatically, the majority of landholders on a secondary street must apply/approve for it to qualify.

4 minutes ago, HouTXRanger said:

Currently, a Primary TOD street is determined by objective criteria in the TOD manual, and applies within a certain range around a rail or BRT stop, depending on specifics. They automatically apply I assume as soon as the rail/BRT station is in operation. Secondary TOD streets are in a ring outside that, but they do not apply automatically, the majority of landholders on a secondary street must apply/approve for it to qualify.

Yeah I think that's stupid. Anything that is a main corridor should automatically fall in within that criteria. 

Just now, j_cuevas713 said:

Yeah I think that's stupid. Anything that is a main corridor should automatically fall in within that criteria. 

Quick fix: allow TOD to apply along the route of the most used bus routes in the city. Don't see it happening though. Bus stops can be moved way too easily, and that bus route (56) cuts through Montrose . . . not sure if they'd go for it, much less the folks in River Oaks for route 82.

• Like 1

The site plan doesn't seem to match what is currently on the site. Specifically, the small gray "existing building".

After further examination of the site plan and Google Street View, it looks like the "existing building" might be the concrete block wall portion of the larger existing building.  My guess is they are proposing to keep that portion in order to avoid having seek a setback variance?  Or maybe there's some infrastructure behind that concrete block wall that is not worth moving, so they are going to build around it?

Edited by Houston19514

• The title was changed to 2409 Airline Dr.
  • 1 year later...

These feel very similar to the buildings at the Farmer's Market, which is a good thing imo to have a somewhat consistent look for the area. I'm glad the parking is behind the building, because the Gibbs/Service/Link/Airline intersections + people turning into the Farmer's Market + large trucks on the street already make this part of Airline pretty messy sometimes. Don't know what could be done to fix it, but I'm not confident it will be able to handle increasing traffic very well as this area continues to grow. Regardless, this looks like it could be a great development once it's done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Treeves2 said:

They could do a lot with that area if they pedestrianized that street to make it more walkable. Tons of activity already on foot but not very welcoming. 

They're redoing all of the sidewalks as part of the Metro Boost project, which will hopefully help with that.

• Like 4

retail center F2M Airline Shop, located at 2409 Airline Dr.

The first is from NewQuest's brochure in 2020. The second one is from the most recent leasing brochure for F2M Airline Shop, but the plan is dated March 2020.

https://www.crexi.com/lease/properties/460596/texas-f2m-airline-shops
https://api-lease.crexi.com/assets/460596/flyer

Q22qlpf.jpg

1uVfqO2.jpg

80C65Ua.jpg

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
On 9/13/2022 at 9:46 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Newquest Properties is no longer the retail leasing agent for F2M Airline Shops. The Blue Ox Group is the current leasing agent.

https://api-lease.crexi.com/assets/460596/flyer

Updated leasing materials are available for F2M Airline Shops. This is a retail center going up at 2409 Airline Dr.

The most recent leasing brochure includes a site plan. According to the site plan, the retail center will include three tenant. One tenant that has either signed on or signed a letter of intent is Unleashed Vet Clinic. It is leasing (or plans to lease) a 3,000 sf unit. The remaining units include one that is 1,600 sf and another that is 3,423 sf. It's likely the 3,423 sf suite is for a food and beverage tenant.

As previously noted, The Blue Ox Group is the leasing agent.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2409-Airline-Dr-Houston-TX/29233897/

PBPHoYp.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Several permits were filed yesterday for 2409 1/2 Airline Dr:

• Certificate of compliance permit
  • Impact water fee permit
  • Grading and filing permit
  • Parking variances permit

Details from the permits:

• Use: Sitework only - future retail shell building '12 IBC
  • FCC Group: Structures other than buildings

The permits are F2M Airline Shops, a retail center that is going up at 2409 Airline Dr.

Certificate of compliance

p0ueDui.png

Parking variances

wXYr1bg.png

Grading and filing permit

bKCUNHX.png

Impact water fee

yMuqWDb.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to F2M Airline Shops: Retail At 2409 Airline Dr.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A paving permit was purchased yesterday for 2409 1/2 Airline Dr.

Details from the permit:

• Use: Sitework only - future retail shell Building '12 IBC
  • FCC Group: Structures other than buildings

The permits are F2M Airline Shops, a retail center going up at 2409 Airline Dr.

bzNjCkY.png

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A plan review was purchased yesterday for 2409 Airline Dr. I'm assuming this will receive approval next week or in the coming weeks.

Details from the permit:

• Use: 785 sf shell building addition - future retail 1-1-2-SH-B '21 IBC
  • FCC Group: Non-residential alteration

The permits are F2M Airline Shops, a new retail center located in the Sunset Heights area.

LeT7XYC.png