Fusion Eats At 302 Fairview St.

hindesky

18 hours ago, hindesky said:

The back portion of this has been torn down, not sure what's going on here.

Tried to check COH permits for this address, but apparently their website has been improved and I can no longer find that info. 

6 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

Tried to check COH permits for this address, but apparently their website has been improved and I can no longer find that info. 

The actual address is 302 Fairview, and there are permits listed

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
48 minutes ago, Texasota said:

Well, they've succeeded in making this house substantially uglier.

That's bare Hardiplank that's primed, but not painted. I doubt they could find enough old style siding to redo the structure, and there may have been fireproofing considerations from the insurance companies.

• Like 2

I'm not just talking about the hardiboard (although the original siding is a basic beveled lap that's easy to find). They replaced original windows with decorative lite patterns with cheap flange-mount vinyl. 

It's not just that I think the new materials look worse. They went super cheap. Not a great sign. 

Edited by Texasota
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Texasota said:

I'm not just talking about the hardiboard (although the original siding is a basic beveled lap that's easy to find). They replaced original windows with decorative lite patterns with cheap flange-mount vinyl. 

It's not just that I think the new materials look worse. They went super cheap. Not a great sign. 

Although it was is very rough shape, the house had the original windows (both double-hung and decorative), the appropriate siding, and that small bay window. They're the elements that gave the house appeal. 
As they say, you have only one shot at original. 
The redeeming quality is that it's scaled to the neighborhood. I don't know what the restrictions would be if had been razed and something else built in its place, but  at least one building on Fairview (The Ripcord) has been extensively rebuilt to remain grandfathered in to maintain its footprint.

• Like 1

I'm going to hold off till they finish and it gets painted. The previous restaurant was in horrible shape. I tried it once waited outside on the patio for a menu for 15 minutes, server assisted the only other couple outside and never came back to help me so I left.

• Confused 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to The Old Gratifi Restaurant - 300 Fairview St.
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Fusion Eats At 302 Fairview St.
  • 3 months later...