Retail Center At 1141 E. 11th St.

HouKev

Nice rendering of the remodel and floor plans from the lease brochure for the updated corner building at 11th and Studewood (formerly Dacapo's then Carmalita's). This building has sat vacant ever since a truck drove through the side of the building and started a fire in June of 2019.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1141-E-11th-St-Houston-TX/20976546/

The main changes from before appear to involve continuing the window's and awning around the Studewood facing side of the building, opening up the floor plan inside, and taking parking spots off Studewood to add patio seating and widen the sidewalk. It is marketed as a restuarant - 2,108 sf.

1141 E 11th St, Houston, TX for lease - 11th St & Studewood - Under Construction - Image 1 of 4

1141 E 11th St, Houston, TX for lease Parking- Image 2 of 5

1141 E 11th St, Houston, TX for lease 11th St & Studewood Floor Plan- Image 3 of 5

• Like 4

Yeah, I know it's just a rendering, but I find the choice of "11th St. Cafe" amusing.

Those who've been around the Heights long enough to remember the old 11th St. Cafe (cater-corner from this location, where Bellagreen is now) will probably understand. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mkultra25 said:

Those who've been around the Heights long enough to remember the old 11th St. Cafe (cater-corner from this location, where Bellagreen is now) will probably understand. 

Those who've been around the Heights long enough to remember the old 11th St. Cafe's ummm... "natural fauna" issues wouldn't use that name on a newly built out space. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to 1141 E 11th St.

This appears to be no longer listed on loop net. No progress on the building itself and a violation notice on the west side where the plastic still covers the building.

Perhaps they had issues with Historic?

Unfortunate to see such a nice building sit without repair. Anyone have any information?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

For what it's worth, I don't see any Certificate of Appropriateness applications (from the last couple of years) for the building pending, denied, or approved. So it's not a question of what they're "allowed" to do, at least in terms of the historic ordinance. 

Given that they want to extend the storefront where the damage was anyway, I wonder if they're intentionally not repairing it while they finalize plans and permitting. Of course they will *definitely* need a COA for that.

Edited by Texasota
  • Like 2

Theyve had what appears to be a blank COA application notice against the bricks for more than 6 months now. I dont know if it was filled out at one time and the writing is faded or if they just have it there and havent applied yet...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • The title was changed to 1141 E. 11th St.
  • The title was changed to Retail Center At 1141 E. 11th St.