Temenos Place Phase III: 6-Story Affordable Housing At 1703 Gray St.

Urbannizer

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HouTXRanger said:

Would this take out the homeless service place there? That really sucks . . .

Highly doubtful.  Temenos Place owns that facility at 1703 Gray and it's pretty new.  It appears they have probably acquired the adjacent property at 1711 Gray and plan to add facilities on that parcel.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HoustonMidtown said:

Hmm...when I look up "temenos" Spanish translation, it says this:

A sacred circle where one can be himself without fear

A piece of land marked off from common uses and assigned as an official domain, especially to a king, chief, or god.

Its a command that translates to "fear us" 

7 hours ago, HoustonMidtown said:

A piece of land marked off from common uses and assigned as an official domain, especially to a king, chief, or god.

i think that is Greek, not Spanish.  And that (the Greek word) is the source of the name for Temenos Place.

11 hours ago, HoustonMidtown said:

image.png.1bb2fe91522b7a1106a185fb5eedb8ab.png

Just sayin'

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Temenos Place Phase III: 6-Story Multifamily For Midtown
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Temenos Place Phase III: 6-Story Affordable Housing For Midtown
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this related or a new project?

Houston council OKs $12.5M to replace low-income housing project displaced by I-45 expansion

City Council on Wednesday approved a $12.5 million loan to cover the city’s share of a Midtown housing development for low-income and homeless people that will replace a nearby property slated to be demolished as part of the Interstate 45 expansion project.

The 95-unit project, located at 1703 Gray St. near the I-45 and I-69 interchange in north Midtown...

The development, known as Temenos Place Apartments, is intended to replace Temenos Place II, a similar project that sits across the interchange from the new location and was acquired by the Texas Department of Transportation last year for the agency’s planned expansion of I-45.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Houston-council-OKs-12-5M-to-replace-low-income-16298924.php

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sixteen years ago following the devastating Hurricane Katrina my dear friend @MsTinaLawson wanted to build housing for people who were left homeless from the storm. Months later, Tina Knowles] and @Beyonce joined forces with our newly formed Temenos Community Development Corp in 2006 to help us build our first project, the Knowles-Temenos Place Apartments for previously homeless individuals. Today, @juanitarasmus and I are excited to announce the construction of our fourth housing development in Downtown Houston to begin next week thanks to the amazing efforts of our CEO, Eva Thibadeau, Board Chair Marcus Thomas and the Board of Directors. Along with the support of our development partners NHP Foundation, Mayor @sylvesterturner and the HoustonHCD, @commissionerrodneyellis and the HarrisCountyHCD, Houston Housing Finance Corp, HUD, and many agencies, friends, and lenders, 100 previously homeless people will soon be able to call this beautiful building home in the center of Downtown Houston.

This is from Pastor Rudy Rasmus. 

• Like 4