Gas Station At 3803 San Jacinto St.

midtowndweller

On 9/30/2020 at 1:41 PM, HouTXRanger said:

Hmm, I wonder what a gas station will look like under the new walkable places ordinance? 

Pumps in front, not accessible to cars, which will have to park in the back. 

12 hours ago, Ross said:

Pumps in front, not accessible to cars, which will have to park in the back. 

Reducing the setback will facilitate direct pedestrian access from the sidewalk to the pumps, which will be important since the pedestrians will be lugging their gas cans all the way from where they parked in the back.  

The question got me thinking what a gas station would look like if it were to encourage walkability. Did some digging and came across this photo of a 7-Eleven in Orlando, FL. I wonder if the new build would even consider something like this? 

image.png.b1b0a6203ab450719d8dd841da966e18.png

https://www.metrojacksonville.com/mobile/article/2016-mar-how-to-fit-a-gas-station-into-brooklyn

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 10:19 AM, thedistrict84 said:

Wait, are you implying that Shell gasoline is mediocre? 

This aggression will not stand, man!

I know I'm 21 days late to this particular party..

in Texas, Valero is king. the price is better than any of the 'top tier' brands, and they include the same additive packages as those brands, which makes them 'top tier' as well.

12 hours ago, samagon said:

I know I'm 21 days late to this particular party..

in Texas, Valero is king. the price is better than any of the 'top tier' brands, and they include the same additive packages as those brands, which makes them 'top tier' as well.

I prefer Exxon/Mobil and specifically the one on 45 S @ Wayside. They have a constant price war with the Murphy/Walmart station across the street so prices are always low. Plus if you get their loyalty card and their credit card you can save an additional 6 cents per gallon. Paid $1.57 per gal and also get my 6 cents off that with today's fill up. Helps that it's on my way to/from work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Gas Station At 3803 San Jacinto St.

Archived