Tempo At White Oak: Multifamily At 2623 Keene St.

Triton

• The title was changed to Marquette Cos. Multi-family Project - WOMH

I saw a soil sampling crew drilling some boreholes on the lot a couple of months ago, and remember hearing rumors (as such, take them with a giant grain of salt) that W2 had always had  developing/selling the big parking lot in mind, so I am not overly surprised about the announcement. In fact, W2 had also bought over time several of the lots between N. Main and Keene St. on the photo above. I wonder if they are included as part of the deal with Marquette. With this announcement, Oui Eats under construction, and something likely happening with the almost full block taken by the former Salvation Army (it shows as "Under Contract" in LoopNet), I think this portion of the Near Northside will change dramatically within the next couple of years.

• Like 3

With regards to parking, probably an unpopular opinion, but I think the city should add on street parking to N Main and they could even meter it (if they wanted to get some $). Currently, two lanes in both direction allow people to fly down this road, so reducing it to 1 travel lane each way would force drivers to slow down, especially when there is such a large pedestrian presence during venues. Just a thought. 

• Like 6

I am very curious to see how tall they would go.  Anything in the 4+ range would really stand out in that area and be potential catalyst for a cascade of other smaller townhome type projects.  They would also have some stellar downtown views.

I did not expect to see this kind of gentrification happening in near northside.  If they pull this off it will set off a cascade of development that will turn near northside into shady acres 2.0.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tangledwoods said:

I did not expect to see this kind of gentrification happening in near northside.  If they pull this off it will set off a cascade of development that will turn near northside into shady acres 2.0.

It seems to be Marquette's Houston MO (not that I'm complaining). Catalyst in an area of DT without many residents, 2404 Navigation, the possibly cancelled, possibly ongoing plan to build a luxury high rise off Jensen, and now this.

Take advantage of Opportunity Zone funds and TIRZ funds and build bb build. Not a bad plan.

• Like 2

Awesome that this developer has an additional project planned here, however what happened to their proposed second tower in downtown and the second mid rise off Jensen? Just seems weird that they are planning additional development when two of their prior proposals just went quiet. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Justin Welling said:

With regards to parking, probably an unpopular opinion, but I think the city should add on street parking to N Main and they could even meter it (if they wanted to get some $). Currently, two lanes in both direction allow people to fly down this road, so reducing it to 1 travel lane each way would force drivers to slow down, especially when there is such a large pedestrian presence during venues. Just a thought. 

Completely agree. I actually live across the street from WOMH and it is dangerous trying to bike down just to cross over into Woodland Heights. I think if they added the on-street parking, it would probably force people to slow down a bit. N Main, in this section, really doesn't need to be 4 lanes.

• Like 6

• The title was changed to Marquette Cos. Multifamily Project - WOMH

Notice of variance request posted on Boundary and Keene St. Seems they are moving fast toward their supposed early next year start of construction date. Apparently the development may also include a restaurant, and as far as I understand the single row of homes sandwiched between N. Main and Keene St. will go (many already unoccupied), replaced by a strip of green space (?) 

IMG_20201003_190319.jpg

• Like 5

If these many people are moving in, I feel like the city seriously needs to consider working on the sidewalks and lighting in this part of N Main. They had promised so many improvements to the area but they never came.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Neighbors. I hear rumors about this complex being mixed use. Does anyone know any more detail about that? Will there be a retail aspect on ground level, or does the fact that this complex is being billed as live/work studios fulfill the mixed-use classification? 

Thanks, 

-Trevor

• Like 1

• The title was changed to White Oak Apartments: Marquette Cos. Multifamily Project
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to White Oak Apartments: Multifamily By Marquette Cos.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to White Oak Apartments: Multifamily At 2623 Keene St.

I talked with the subcontractor doing the stormwater detention vault. Cast in place vault and parking garage using a tower crane. Same guy is doing the stormwater system at Clark's Oyster Bar. Fencing going up with netting. Lay down yard and construction office is along N.Main St.

vLQTYhZ.jpg

DnwTMuH.jpg

xwrTRy2.jpg

zy4ccDK.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...