Jump to content
C2Ag93

Hawaiian Village

Recommended Posts

Does anyone remember the Hawaiian Village on South Main in Houston?  It was apparently a reception venue for weddings and am curious to figure out what the street address was for a bio I am writing.  Google didn't turn up much.  I do know it was in existence in 1967. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did your parents get married or have a reception there?  Happen to have any photos?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2020 at 2:50 PM, C2Ag93 said:

Does anyone remember the Hawaiian Village on South Main in Houston?  It was apparently a reception venue for weddings and am curious to figure out what the street address was for a bio I am writing.  Google didn't turn up much.  I do know it was in existence in 1967. 

 

According to an Oct. 8, 1968, ad in the Houston Chronicle, Hawaiian Village's address was 14538 Minetta, which is described as near South Main and Fondren. Google Maps shows the New Deliverance Church is shown at that location now. 

Untitled-1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Firebird65 said:

 

According to an Oct. 8, 1968, ad in the Houston Chronicle, Hawaiian Village's address was 14538 Minetta, which is described as near South Main and Fondren. Google Maps shows the New Deliverance Church is shown at that location now. 

Untitled-1.jpg

 

Where was the Diamond R Ranch "near Jetero Airport"? Same thing as H&H Ranch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cowboybud said:

 

Where was the Diamond R Ranch "near Jetero Airport"? Same thing as H&H Ranch?

 

According to some other ads around the same time yes. It looks like H&H closed recently, and sold off most of their property prior to doing so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...