Hawaiian Village Event Venue At 14538 Minetta St.

C2Ag93

Does anyone remember the Hawaiian Village on South Main in Houston?  It was apparently a reception venue for weddings and am curious to figure out what the street address was for a bio I am writing.  Google didn't turn up much.  I do know it was in existence in 1967. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2020 at 2:50 PM, C2Ag93 said:

Does anyone remember the Hawaiian Village on South Main in Houston?  It was apparently a reception venue for weddings and am curious to figure out what the street address was for a bio I am writing.  Google didn't turn up much.  I do know it was in existence in 1967. 

According to an Oct. 8, 1968, ad in the Houston Chronicle, Hawaiian Village's address was 14538 Minetta, which is described as near South Main and Fondren. Google Maps shows the New Deliverance Church is shown at that location now. 

Untitled-1.jpg

6 hours ago, Firebird65 said:

According to an Oct. 8, 1968, ad in the Houston Chronicle, Hawaiian Village's address was 14538 Minetta, which is described as near South Main and Fondren. Google Maps shows the New Deliverance Church is shown at that location now. 

Untitled-1.jpg

Where was the Diamond R Ranch "near Jetero Airport"? Same thing as H&H Ranch?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 9:16 PM, roym said:

Did your parents get married or have a reception there?  Happen to have any photos?

No, but some friends of theirs did.  I was reconstructing a bio of their time during the NASA days, and details are sometimes fun to find and document, as it sheds further light on what life was like for them.  And @cowboybud... thanks!  Not sure how the heck you were able to find that! 

What's interesting is it kind of shows how far flung Houston was even back in 1967.  Their friend's wedding was near downtown, and they went there for the reception.  Of course, they all worked down in Clear Lake at NASA.  So guess it was normal back then too to be all over the place.  Houston is massive. 

4 hours ago, C2Ag93 said:

No, but some friends of theirs did.  I was reconstructing a bio of their time during the NASA days, and details are sometimes fun to find and document, as it sheds further light on what life was like for them.  And @cowboybud... thanks!  Not sure how the heck you were able to find that! 

What's interesting is it kind of shows how far flung Houston was even back in 1967.  Their friend's wedding was near downtown, and they went there for the reception.  Of course, they all worked down in Clear Lake at NASA.  So guess it was normal back then too to be all over the place.  Houston is massive. 

Thank @Firebird65, he's the northside historian.

• The title was changed to Hawaiian Village Event Venue At 14538 Minetta St.

Archived