The Oliver Sawyer Yards: Multifamily At 2305 Summer St.

Urbannizer

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, freundb said:

Does anyone know if there are changes to the rail line(s) in this area? The trains already cause traffic issues and I can only see it getting worse as this area gets built up more. 

Probably not. The railroads don't give a crap about whether they might be a nuisance. And, they were there first.

• Like 3

The East End deals with this daily but they have been complaining a lot. ABC 13 had a story about this yesterday. I think the city and or state will have to build some under passes or bridges on a few of the busier streets. Sawyer and Lockwood should be amongst the first to get something done. First responders also have to deal with blocked roads all the time.

https://abc13.com/stopped-trains-union-pacific-railroad-houston-road-safety-blocked-streets/11518314/

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 6:54 PM, cityliving said:

cRy0OHu.jpg

3OGMvQf.jpg

Wow this reminds me a lot of how dense the little areas of the Museum District and Allen Park along the bayou are getting. There seem to be a lot more noticeable clusters of density popping up. Does anyone know the population density for each neighborhood?

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, crock said:

between this, the bellrock, and the Art House,  how many Units is that coming online after covid in First Ward? 1000?

There is also the Alexan Junction currently under construction, the Fairfield Oliver and the Modera Houston Ave are proposed.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Triton said:

They are tearing down two homes across from Buff Brew? Do we happen to know what project that is in relation to? 

I saw a demo permit this week for the house on the right. They both look in pretty rough shape. Don't know what is replacing them, probably townhouse farm.

muxly8N.png

Un8T0tI.png

• Like 4

On 7/20/2022 at 10:28 AM, Avossos said:

Sandcastle homes townhomes :(

The owner is an old friend of mine. Did a lot of business with him years ago. They build a typical "Houston builder" mentality townhouse, nothing special, decent quality, lots of flash (SS! Granite! Island!). He is a PITA to work with. One of those "I'm smarter than you" type people.

17 hours ago, Avossos said:

Way less cool than an old renovated house. IMO

Ahh okay. I don’t know if they had some horrible reputation or something. I’m definitely a fan of keeping as many old homes as well. Unfortunately they have not been cared for in a long time, though if they had they might have still gotten the axe anyway. 

• Like 2

• Curated
  • Undeniable neighborhood
  • Crafted
  • A canvas for your life
  • a contemplative library

I think real estate agents are running out of adjectives.  Or maybe someone downloaded a thesaurus app.

Also, "carouse with your neighbors?"  Carousing used to be a thing that sailors did when they got into port, looking for hookers and booze. 

• Haha 7