Office Building At 1012 Westheimer Rd.

talltexan83

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but do we know what the Hay Merchant/Blacksmith folks have planned for that lot?  I'm out of state now, but I seem to recall it being fenced up the last time I was in town.  And perhaps a variance request? 

Thanks.  Just hoping to see more good news along this stretch of Westheimer...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, talltexan83 said:

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere, but do we know what the Hay Merchant/Blacksmith folks have planned for that lot?  I'm out of state now, but I seem to recall it being fenced up the last time I was in town.  And perhaps a variance request? 

Thanks.  Just hoping to see more good news along this stretch of Westheimer...

I have been wondering what is going on as well... definitely some ground work, but i couldn't tell if it seemed more like a building or a parking lot

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
10 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

I hope it's not going to be horrible. 

Kind of a tricky lot. Could really go either way.

HCAD says it is a 9,374 sq ft lot. 

If building is 5,823 sq ft, then they are going to need between 15 and 16 parking spaces. I guess it would be nice for them to build parking under the building, but I'm guessing that isn't the case with the building size being so small. 

Maybe a two story building aligned with either the back or the front corner by Blacksmith?

This feels like a perfect example of infill that if Walkable Places had been implemented along Lower Westheimer that we would get a much nice implementation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

even more kooky is that the building just adjacent (on the other side of the cross street) that houses Hay Merchant looks like it may be redeveloped too! 

looks like Westheimer is going under major redevelopment all around this famous intersection! wowsa 

3 hours ago, gene said:

even more kooky is that the building just adjacent (on the other side of the cross street) that houses Hay Merchant looks like it may be redeveloped too! 

looks like Westheimer is going under major redevelopment all around this famous intersection! wowsa 

Hay Merchant just announced today that they’re closing at the end of this year.

5 hours ago, gene said:

Do you mean Blacksmith (formerly Mary's) or Slick Willie's?  What kind of activity did you spot?

• 5 months later...
13 hours ago, hindesky said:

Blacksmith coffee shop has black construction tarp over both patios. What is going on here?

RpdTNvu.jpg

What's going on? Construction! That's what's going on. It's going to be a weird day today, I think... I do like how the pizza sign on the white car brings out, and points to, the campaign sign stuck to the railing. That black covering could be a really poor attempt at an awning. 

• Haha 3

i was driving by this past weekend and also thought something was going on...however there were people on the patio and inside drinking coffee etc...

so i just called and nope, not closed, not being remodeled...they said that is just their new shading...OY...it definitely makes it looked either closed or under construction. They need to print Blacksmith on the "awning (?)" to make it look more like a permanent part of the building.

btw i am excited for the adjacent lot to begin work, what is taking so long? 

Edited by gene
  • Like 3

On 8/31/2021 at 5:41 PM, clutchcity94 said:

What kind of crowd does that Slick Willie’s attract? It almost doesn’t seem “hip” enough to be in that location.

Just your every day Houstonian. I’ve gone a few times with friends to play pool and it’s a mix of all people. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to Parking Lot Between Blacksmith And Shake Shack?
  • 2 months later...
On 8/30/2021 at 10:59 AM, wilcal said:

Permit issued for a 5,823 sq ft office building for 1012 Westheimer Road.

UHg1DTM.png

The office building under construction at 1012 Westheimer will be two stories. A permit was filed earlier this month for a commercial elevator installation.

It's possible one of the tenants could be a dentist office. An entity for Montrose Dental Studio was filed in 2018 listing the address of the upcoming building. 

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_tx/0803103343

Also, the property owner filed the entity 1012 Westheimer LLC earlier this month. 

Google Maps, May 2022

kkuCBra.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to 1012 Westheimer Road

The landowner of 1012 Westheimer Rd applied for an off-street parking variance in 2019, according to documents submitted to the city planning commission.

Off-street parking requirements for the property are 19 parking spaces, including space for bikes. However, the owner requested 11 parking spaces, including one handicap parking space. Two bicycle racks were also proposed.  

The variance request provides more details about the office building.

Here are some of the highlights:

• Site acreage: 9,374 square feet

• Proposed structure: 6,730 square feet

• Building use: dental office, medical office, and offices

• The owner thinks the variance request will allow parking to "be utilized by adjacent businesses for parking off-hours, thereby providing for additional parking in peak time periods."

•  The office uses will encourage their employees to take buses, rideshare, walk or bike to work to enable the customers access to the onsite parking

https://v2.swagit.com/system/agendas/156851/original/7-25 HoustonPC.pdf

Video of the 2019 meeting: 
https://houstontx.new.swagit.com/videos/07252019-1131

Proposed site plan from 2019

BRS4wHj.jpg

Proposed first floor plan
KkHJkBv.jpg

Proposed second floor plan
6dADcFc.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

• The title was changed to 1012 Westheimer Rd.
  • 2 months later...