tanith27

Paul Barabash Building corner of Teetshorn and Sabine, Woodland Heights

Think something's happening around here.  Property is being surveyed.  Heard the whole lot has a conditional sale to a local couple who plan to redo the Barabash storefront.  Fingers crossed our nightly walks through the neighborhood can end with an ice cream cone from here....

• Like 3

Thanks for sharing! Cautiously optimistic....I always thought this space had great potential to be something more than a vacant storefront. I see some similarities with this property and Henderson & Kane in 6th Ward for example...

• Like 1

What is across Sabine from this place?  Is that also abandoned or is it apartments?

12 hours ago, kbates2 said:

What is across Sabine from this place?  Is that also abandoned or is it apartments?

Not abandoned, but an existing business.  Not sure exactly what it is but it’s not retail.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kbates2 said:

I hope someone has a long memory, but I think my parents used to run a grocery store out of that building in the late 60's or early 70's.  They had a store in that area called MG Food Market and it looks about right to my fading memory.  I can't find any old pictures of the store so I can't be sure.