Caroline At Memorial: Multifamily At 15635 Memorial Dr.

Highrise Tower

NRP Group is developing a 4-Story and 326-Unit multifamily project in the Energy Corridor.

https://www.nrpgroup.com/

Apparently it's the old Kickerillo family mansion.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/houston/2850981-rumor-mill-what-will-built-site.html

The Kickerillo family mansion, a 12000+ sq feet 1970s contemporary sitting on several acres of land at the west end of Memorial Drive, has just been demolished after flooding badly during Harvey (the entire property sits within the 500-year floodplain).

p4GZx10.png

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Caroline At Memorial: Multifamily In Energy Corridor
  • The title was changed to Caroline At Memorial: Multifamily At 15635 Memorial Dr.
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been waiting for this property to be sold and we pretty much knew it was going to be apartments of some sort. However, from what i'm hearing it's going to just be another cookie-cutter apartment complex that's gated and has a ton of paved parking. This, I'm vehemently against. As a resident of the Energy Corridor, and living just down the street from the property, I would definitely prefer a low/mid-rise build (or 2 if they'd fit) with a ground level open to the public with retail & dining or other amenities for the apartments and local community. The Energy Corridor needs many more things like that (City Centre-esque?) if it really wants to remain competitive in the "i want to move there" market.

Not to mention that if they built an attractive, walkable project on this property, it's within walking distance from the BP Westlake campus, which I heard they are also retrofitting into apartments, and hopefully other dining & retail & community attractions. Plus, that's just down the road from the former Conoco campus which I heard is also undergoing a renovation to become a multi-use campus as well.

The Energy Corridor has too many bland, cookie-cutter apartments already (Eldridge Pkwy is flooded with them). We need something else.

What other info is out there on this one?

• Like 1

Houston Housing Authority Board of Commissioners on June 14, 2022 passed Resolution 3460.  The related Memorandum reads in part:

"SUBJECT: CONSIDERATION AND/OR TAKE ACTION TO AUTHORIZE THE PRESIDENT & CEO OR DESIGNEE TO FACILITATE THE ACQUISITION OF THAT CERTAIN PARCEL OF LAND LOCATED AT OR ABOUT 15635 MEMORIAL DR, HOUSTON, TEXAS 77070, THE CONSTRUCTION AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE 334-UNIT CAROLINE AT MEMORIAL THEREUPON, AND THE EXECUTION OF ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS THEREFOR. DATE: JUNE 1, 2022

This memorandum recommends that the Houston Housing Authority Board of Commissioners authorize the President & CEO or designee to take all actions necessary or convenient to facilitate the acquisition of that certain parcel of land located at or about 15635 Memorial Dr., Houston, Texas 77079, the construction and development of the 334-unit Caroline at Memorial (the "Project") thereupon, and the execution of all required documents therefor.

BACKGROUND: The Authority has created Lakeside Place PFC ("PFC") to assist in the development of certain multifamily housing developments such as the Project.  The Authority desires for the PFC to purchase the Project. The PFC and Caroline at Memorial Owner, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (the "Owner") will enter into a lease agreement (the "Lease Agreement") granting site control of the Project to the Owner. Pursuant to the terms of the Lease Agreement and regulatory agreement recorded against the property upon which the Project is constructed, no less than 50% of the units in the Project will be reserved for or occupied by individuals or families earning less than 80% of area median income.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...