Harris County Attorney's Office At 1019 Congress St.

hindesky

19 hours ago, hindesky said:

Chiller replacement. There were 3 cranes in downtown blocking streets on Saturday, this one, at the Preston and one at the Texas tower.

XAricg4.jpg

It is amazing what they can do with cranes these days. Back in the day(say 40 years ago), they would have used a gin pole or similar, and taken the unit up piece by piece, and then assembled it. The economics are interesting as well. I am guessing it costs $10k-$20k to use cranes to put something like that on top of a building, but it's done quickly and safely.

Do you know what the height limit is for using a crane in that situation?

On 7/12/2020 at 9:33 AM, Ross said:

It is amazing what they can do with cranes these days. Back in the day(say 40 years ago), they would have used a gin pole or similar, and taken the unit up piece by piece, and then assembled it. The economics are interesting as well. I am guessing it costs $10k-$20k to use cranes to put something like that on top of a building, but it's done quickly and safely.

Do you know what the height limit is for using a crane in that situation?

I saw one lifting a chiller at the Lyric building and he had about 450' of height on the setup they used.

• The title was changed to Harris County Attorney's Office At 1019 Congress St.

Archived