Address:

1732 Richmond Avenue
Houston, Texas

Architect:

Kirksey

Owner:

Med-REIS, LLC

Information:

13-story medical office building to be located on Richmond Avenue, across the street from The Fairmont Museum District.  The project will be a podium type building with 5 levels of office space over 8 levels of above-grade parking. The 5th level of the building will be a conference/terrace level. The office levels will provide approximately 94,800 gross square
feet. The parking garage contains approximately 299 parking spaces. Level 1 will be designed to accommodate an Urgent Care and an Medical Imaging tenant.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That parking garage!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• The title was changed to Montrose Medical Office Building At 1732 Richmond Ave
18 hours ago, Paco Jones said:

Project:

Montrose Medical Office Building

Address:

1732 Richmond Avenue
Houston, Texas

Architect:

Kirksey

Owner:

Med-REIS, LLC

Information:

13-story medical office building to be located on Richmond Avenue, across the street from The Fairmont Museum District.  The project will be a podium type building with 5 levels of office space over 8 levels of above-grade parking. The 5th level of the building will be a conference/terrace level. The office levels will provide approximately 94,800 gross square
feet. The parking garage contains approximately 299 parking spaces. Level 1 will be designed to accommodate an Urgent Care and an Medical Imaging tenant.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is the "vibrancy" that people claim Houston benefits from by not having zoning.

That thing is a roller coaster of emotions. 

A monster of a thing compared to the aerial shots higher up I get the Ashby hirise monster feeling.

But I know how cheap builders go here when it comes to parking and I convince myself that it could be worse 🙃 

The old Houston way would be:

Knock down all the surrounding homes for parking 

Or

Knock down less homes and build a fully exposed garage.

I make myself content by the thought of more height along Richmond.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 9:12 AM, H-Town Man said:

This is the "vibrancy" that people claim Houston benefits from by not having zoning.

This is the sort of higher density development that is needed inside the Loop.  Folks who live within the Loop are exposed to this sort of potential development, many of them know this.  For those who do not like the potential to have a large building built next to their property line they can take solace in the fact there are plenty of development controlled suburbs around town that would provide more security from a development like this.

I am not saying this is a wonderful development, or great building, but I suppose an office building is a better neighbor than a hip/cool bar.  What do you suppose other cities would have zoned Richmond Avenue in the greater Montrose area for?  Do you have a better proposal for a high density road like Richmond that’s realistic?

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...