Address:

1732 Richmond Avenue
Houston, Texas

Architect:

Kirksey

Owner:

Med-REIS, LLC

Information:

13-story medical office building to be located on Richmond Avenue, across the street from The Fairmont Museum District.  The project will be a podium type building with 5 levels of office space over 8 levels of above-grade parking. The 5th level of the building will be a conference/terrace level. The office levels will provide approximately 94,800 gross square
feet. The parking garage contains approximately 299 parking spaces. Level 1 will be designed to accommodate an Urgent Care and an Medical Imaging tenant.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That parking garage!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• The title was changed to Montrose Medical Office Building At 1732 Richmond Ave
18 hours ago, Paco Jones said:

Project:

Montrose Medical Office Building

Address:

1732 Richmond Avenue
Houston, Texas

Architect:

Kirksey

Owner:

Med-REIS, LLC

Information:

13-story medical office building to be located on Richmond Avenue, across the street from The Fairmont Museum District.  The project will be a podium type building with 5 levels of office space over 8 levels of above-grade parking. The 5th level of the building will be a conference/terrace level. The office levels will provide approximately 94,800 gross square
feet. The parking garage contains approximately 299 parking spaces. Level 1 will be designed to accommodate an Urgent Care and an Medical Imaging tenant.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is the "vibrancy" that people claim Houston benefits from by not having zoning.

• Like 1

That thing is a roller coaster of emotions. 

A monster of a thing compared to the aerial shots higher up I get the Ashby hirise monster feeling.

But I know how cheap builders go here when it comes to parking and I convince myself that it could be worse 🙃 

The old Houston way would be:

Knock down all the surrounding homes for parking 

Or

Knock down less homes and build a fully exposed garage.

I make myself content by the thought of more height along Richmond.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Montrose Medical Office Building At 1732 Richmond Ave.
  • 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

What did Richmond Ave look like when those brick sidewalks were brand new? I've been wanting to look at the history of how that happened

I lived on Richmond Ave in 1982-1983, and if I remember correctly it was about this time that sidewalks and trees were installed. A few months (or a year or two?) later the street was torn up to repair the notoriously leaky water mains. Again, my memory is a bit fuzzy because there was more than one renovation of Richmond Ave.
It might be difficult to differentiate between the original makeover (the parts that were spared) and the portions that were rebuilt. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Such a shame, even more upsetting to think that within the next decade there will be a bus rapid transit line down this part of Richmond. Have to wonder how successful a large gas station would be after Richmond goes down to one lane in each direction with limited crossings with the BRT. 

• Like 5

• The title was changed to Amigo Foodmart At 1732 Richmond Ave.