Brass Tacks At 612 Live Oak St.

I couldn't find another topic about this place, but the building at 612 Live Oak that's been under renovation for a while now has signs in the parking lot and what looks like a fully built-out bar inside. An old Swamplot post says it's a co-working space with kitchen and bar. Their Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts haven't had any updates in quite a while, but it looks like this place is nearing completion. Somehow I left without taking a photo of the outside of the building, but I got one of the parking lot sign, and the interior through the window (please forgive the awful glare).

IMG_9288.JPG

IMG_9289.JPG

A co-working space? Called Brass Tacks? And an interior that pretty much just looks like a bar? 

I wonder if it isn't pretty much just a bar with maybe a conference room and some printers in the back. Which honestly would be better I think. 

• 1 month later...

I walked by here this morning and it looked open. There was a guy behind the counter and what looked to be customers on the other side of the counter. There was also a “limited hours” sign on the front door, as well as a reminder to wear a mask. I’m guessing it’s a soft opening, but their website isn’t working and their social media accounts still haven’t been updated in a while so I cannot confirm. Weird.

• 2 weeks later...

This place is indeed open. We stopped in for a coffee this morning since Giant Leap is temporarily unavailable until they move into their new space at the Plant and nothing else is open at 7am (Xela opens at 8, Coral Sword at 9, and Bohemeo's is still temporarily closed). Good coffee, friendly service, lots of workspaces (including private booths) and plenty of parking.

58 minutes ago, thedistrict84 said:

Boo! #parksnotparkinglots

(I’m only half joking. The parking lot they have seems like overkill, and there is plenty of street parking nearby)

I am 100% agreement; plenty of street parking around there and we already have too much of the city's space dedicated to cars. I did neglect to mention that their patio looks solid. She mentioned that they also have a canopy that shades it, but it was taken down in advance of the threat of Laura.

• The title was changed to Brass Tacks At 612 Live Oak St.

Archived