Sign in to follow this  
H-Town Man

Republic Building (1018 Preston) Getting Renovated

This article contains slightly more info, along with a nice old photo from before a neutron bomb wiped out half the buildings in the neighborhood. Or maybe they were just torn down voluntarily by their owners. Anyway, it is not clear yet what they plan to do for parking, since all they own is the footprint of the building itself, from what I can tell. 

https://realtynewsreport.com/2020/07/01/from-kabul-to-historic-downtown-houston-another-construction-job-and-another-corporate-headquarters-for-space-city/

Sprucing up this building should make this block more attractive for a new high rise in the current parking lot. It is one of the best two sites remaining downtown, along with the lot facing Market Square across Prairie.

• Like 1

Big issue right now is the massive homeless presence on the corner next to this building.  Hopefully this helps with it.

Got my renovation projects wrong, I was thinking this was the building next to the Hines Spiritual Center.

Edited by kbates2

16 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

This article contains slightly more info, along with a nice old photo from before a neutron bomb wiped out half the buildings in the neighborhood. Or maybe they were just torn down voluntarily by their owners. Anyway, it is not clear yet what they plan to do for parking, since all they own is the footprint of the building itself, from what I can tell. 

Sprucing up this building should make this block more attractive for a new high rise in the current parking lot. It is one of the best two sites remaining downtown, along with the lot facing Market Square across Prairie.

Your link 404s now. Here's the active one:

https://realtynewsreport.com/from-kabul-to-historic-downtown-houston-another-construction-job-and-another-corporate-headquarters-for-space-city/

• Like 5