Paco Jones

22 hours ago, Triton said:

With all the abandoned railroad tracks and potholes, I'm honestly shocked anyone is capable of going 60 MPH. lol

speaking of, are there any plans to fix this issue?  I drive/run/bike along Commerce St. a lot and it bothers me that there haven't been any efforts to improve that road.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, samagon said:

commerce is such a wide road, I enjoyed using it to ride, but yes, it seems to be the worst street in Houston that I have ever been on.

According to the Major Thoroughfare & Freeway Plan, Commerce is a "Major Collector of sufficient width" so it's probably low down on the todo list, unless something changes

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cspwal said:

There's still train tracks embedded in the streets in EaDo between $499k townhouses, so I wouldn't hold my breath on rebuilt streets outside of a few corridors (bike lanes, transit corridors)

Commerce already has bike route signage and dead ends into the Harrisburg Hike and Bike Trail. At the northern end, it runs up along the edge of downtown near the Bayou and could easily connect to the expanded trails after they are extended south past San Jacinto.

Seems like a prime candidate for being redone with dedicated bike lanes added.

• Like 5

On 7/24/2020 at 10:19 AM, cspwal said:

There's still train tracks embedded in the streets in EaDo between $499k townhouses, so I wouldn't hold my breath on rebuilt streets outside of a few corridors (bike lanes, transit corridors)

I'm unsure what point you're trying to make. If it's between $499k townhouses, I would think that means there's sufficient reason and support for the city to update the road.  

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Triten EaDo Mixed-Use
  • 3 weeks later...

I wonder if they plan on connecting Canal St to Chartress instead of it being a dead end at the RR tracks.  Would be nice to have another route underneath the tracks like Navigation does.  Maybe not since that site plan above shows a parallel st with the tracks right on the end of the property. I doubt you'd be able to connect that to an underpass.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to The Mill: Mixed-Use In EaDo
  • 5 weeks later...

So I came across a couple of guys taking down the drive-in theatre screen, so this might mean something, either winter has caused people to not go to drive-ins anymore, the Moonstruck in Midway's East River project has overtaken the market or this project is about to start up. Hoping for the latter.

ZwIhX7E.jpg

• Like 5

Per the drive in website it looks like December was a "soft launch" with discounted ticket rates. I'm thinking they may be prepping for something more permanent. (https://rooftopcinemaclub.com/houston/venue/the-drive-in-at-eado/)

I have a feeling the development of this lot for "The Mill" may not take place in the short term. I haven't seen any paperwork for restrictions or permitting yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ljchou said:

Per the drive in website it looks like December was a "soft launch" with discounted ticket rates. I'm thinking they may be prepping for something more permanent. (https://rooftopcinemaclub.com/houston/venue/the-drive-in-at-eado/)

You're probably right. The shipping containers were taken down today. Looks like they are also bringing in some stones to lay out as a non-grass surface in the lot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rooftop Cinema officially opens The Drive-In off Navigation

Joey Guerra January 8, 2021Updated: January 8, 2021, 11:29 am

The Drive-In off Navigation is ready for its close-up.

Rooftop Cinema Club's newest venture has its grand opening Jan. 21 at 2300 Runnels with what is being billed as the largest screen in the city at 64 feet. It replaces the recently closed Drive-In at Sawyer Yards.

Screenings kick off with the 1993 blockbuster "Jurassic Park" (early) and "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" (late). The venue can hold up to 200 cars, all spaced  teen feet apart in accordance with social distancing. Concessions will be available from Kurbside Eatz and Sizzles HTX. Masks will be required to go to the restroom, pick up concessions or anytime you're outside a vehicle.

The grand opening follows last month’s soft opening, which included several screenings of "Elf."

The venue will be open Wednesday-Sunday, with two screenings per night. Tickets are $22–36 per vehicle, depending on vehicle occupancy and day, and are on sale now. Children ages three and younger will not count as vehicle occupants.

January schedule

Jan. 21: "Jurassic Park" (7:30 p.m.) and "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" (10:30 p.m.)

Jan. 22: "Up" (7:30 p.m.) and "Friday" (10 p.m.)

Jan. 23: "The Little Mermaid," (6:15 p.m.) "Dazed and Confused" (8:30 p.m.) and "Nightmare on Elm Street" (original, 11:15 p.m.)

Jan. 24: "Sonic the Hedgehog" (6:15 p.m.) and "Love Jones" (9 p.m.)

Jan. 27: "Back to the Future" (7:30 p.m.) and "BlacKkKlansman" (community screening, 10:15 p.m.)

Jan. 28: "Grease" (7:30 p.m.) and "Fight Club" (10:30 p.m.)

Jan. 29: "Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle" (7:30 p.m.) and "The Wood" (10:30 p.m.)

Jan. 30: "Finding Nemo" (6:30 p.m.) and "The Breakfast Club" (9:15 p.m.)

Jan. 31: "Coco" (6:30 p.m.) and "Pulp Fiction" (9:15 p.m.)

https://preview.houstonchronicle.com/movies-tv/rooftop-cinema-officially-opens-the-drive-in-off-15855464

• Like 4