Project Astropolis Development Map

• The topic was pinned
4 hours ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Might just be my IPad but the link to the map isn’t working- spreadsheet link is fine. 

Appreciate the feedback. I'll get on it. Need to try accessing it on my phone as well.

10 minutes ago, CaptainJilliams said:

For some reason it isn't clickable. When I copy and pasted the link into the url bar, I was able to pull it up.

Yeah for some reason the Map provided me with a shareable link that is ridiculously. Not sure why. Will look into it.

• Like 1

Just now, nate4l1f3 said:

Weird. The link just opens google maps but doesn’t show Any of your updates. 

Do you mean it doesn't show the name change or any changes in the description? If you mean actual project changes, those are being worked out right now haha. This previous update was more a format update rather than a content update, so pretty much 100% of the projects will remain the same.

What could be happening is that you still have the old map linked into your "Places" on google maps. It might be a good idea to just erase that map, and then load in the new one. Try that?

3 minutes ago, Luminare said:

Do you mean it doesn't show the name change or any changes in the description? If you mean actual project changes, those are being worked out right now haha. This previous update was more a format update rather than a content update, so pretty much 100% of the projects will remain the same.

What could be happening is that you still have the old map linked into your "Places" on google maps. It might be a good idea to just erase that map, and then load in the new one. Try that?

My bad my post was confusing after I read it again. When I click the link, the google maps app loads but it’s just the regular plain google maps, no projects whatsoever. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

My bad my post was confusing after I read it again. When I click the link, the google maps app loads but it’s just the regular plain google maps, no projects whatsoever. 

Working on this now. I'm wondering if you can simply open the click that sends you to a browser rather than the app itself. Try that real quick. I'll post a process on how people can add the map to there google maps app on there phone.

13 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Maybe try this. Its possible once you have clicked on it that the map is already saved in your "saved" folder, and then you need to go and access it for it to come up.

2EwCpQp.jpg

xstzhGG.jpg

njG5pv8.jpg

EISphJe.jpg

If anyone wants to access the map on there phone, but doesn't see it this could be what you have to do.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

---Update---

v.05 - Beta - The Post-Covid Reboot - Development Update 007

Week of 10/19/2020 - 10/25/2020

Hey everyone. Rebooting this again. Not a lot of updates, but I'm slowing getting back into this again.

Two weeks after I announced this project in this thread, I got laid-off. Obviously this required me to reorganize priorities as it has done for many. To be honest, it took a long time to find the motivation to get back into this project. Its just so big, and there were so many projects that started kicking off, and at one point I felt so far behind that I just told myself...well why bother. Now I'm completely opposite, I'm back, and I want to get this thing rolling again. So what if I'm behind, who cares. I just want to make this the best that I can, step by step.

Hope everyone is still hanging in there. Just a couple months left till we get out of this year.

What has kept me going during these times, is something a friend of mine told me. Whatever you are consuming yourself with when it comes to the craziness about the outside world, just stop for a moment, and remember that the only things that are important are "what you do, friends, and family." That's all that matters.

A special thanks to the folks on here that have helped keep me going during all this. You know who you are.

Finally before I get on with the updates, a special thanks to @BeerNut for helping with parts of Midtown and 3rd Ward the first month this was kicked off. So even though what I'm posting is just updates that have happened this week, there were others that were made prior. You will see a lot of postmarks from the month of June in those areas. Those were all done by him. Much appreciated.

Reminder, I do name things different than names of topics on this forum. This is so I can manage both the map and spreadsheet more effectively, and keep things rather standardized. If a name doesn't sound familiar to you then please refer to my new spread sheet! Which can then help you locate the forum discussion and the address which you can then find on the map.

Spreadsheet

--Format Changes--

- "To Do List" sheet renamed to "Task Tracker"
- "Last HAIF Updated: [insert date]" changed to "Changes during Week of: [Insert week]" in all status category sheets

--Added to Spreadsheet--

(PROPOSED (NEW))

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | FUTURE PHASE | BUILDING B

-AGA KHAN FOUNDATION: ISLAMIC COMMUNITY CENTER

(PROPOSED (CIVIL))

- HANOVER AUTRY PARK | CIVIL (PHASE 5)

(NEAR COMPLETE / COMPLETE)

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | CIVIL (PHASE 1)

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | CIVIL (PHASE 2)

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | CIVIL (PHASE 3)

--Updated to Spreadsheet--

(ON-THE-MARKET, POTENTIAL DEVELOPMENT)

-REGENT SQUARE (FUTURE PHASES) | BLOCK A
-REGENT SQUARE (FUTURE PHASES) | BLOCK C
-REGENT SQUARE (FUTURE PHASES) | BLOCK D

(PROPOSED (NEW))

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | FUTURE PHASE | BUILDING B1

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | FUTURE PHASE | BUILDING C

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | FUTURE PHASE | BUILDING F

(PROPOSED (PARKS/REC))

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | FUTURE PHASE | AUTRY PARK

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION (NEW))

-REGENT SQUARE (PHASE 2) | BLOCK B APARTMENTS

-REGENT SQUARE (PHASE 2) | BLOCK B RETAIL A

-REGENT SQUARE (PHASE 2) | BLOCK B RETAIL B

-REGENT SQUARE (PHASE 2) | BLOCK B RETAIL C

-ALTA RIVER OAKS

-ALEXAN MEMORIAL

-THE INTERPOSE

-THE MONTROSE AT BUFFALO BAYOU

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | PHASE 1 | BUILDING A

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | PHASE 1 | BUILDING D

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | PHASE 1 | BUILDING E

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION (PARKS/REC))

-REGENT SQUARE (PHASE 2) | PARK/PLAZA

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION (CIVIL))

-REGENT SQUARE (PHASE 2) | CIVIL/STREETSCAPES

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | CIVIL (PHASE 4)

--Change of Category to Spreadsheet--

(PROPOSED (NEW))

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | FUTURE PHASE | BUILDING D

(PROPOSED (PARKS/REC))

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | FUTURE PHASE | GREEN SPACE

MAP

--Added to Spreadsheet--

-REGENT SQUARE (FUTURE PHASES) | BLOCK A
-REGENT SQUARE (FUTURE PHASES) | BLOCK C
-REGENT SQUARE (FUTURE PHASES) | BLOCK D

(PROPOSED (NEW))

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | FUTURE PHASE | BUILDING B

(PROPOSED (CIVIL))

- HANOVER AUTRY PARK | CIVIL (PHASE 5)

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | CIVIL (PHASE 4)

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | CIVIL (PHASE 1)

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | CIVIL (PHASE 2)

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | CIVIL (PHASE 3)

(PROPOSED (NEW))

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | FUTURE PHASE | BUILDING B1

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | FUTURE PHASE | BUILDING C

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | FUTURE PHASE | BUILDING F

-REGENT SQUARE (PHASE 2) | BLOCK B APARTMENTS

-REGENT SQUARE (PHASE 2) | BLOCK B RETAIL A

-REGENT SQUARE (PHASE 2) | BLOCK B RETAIL B

-REGENT SQUARE (PHASE 2) | BLOCK B RETAIL C

-ALTA RIVER OAKS

-ALEXAN MEMORIAL

-THE INTERPOSE

-THE MONTROSE AT BUFFALO BAYOU

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | PHASE 1 | BUILDING A

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | PHASE 1 | BUILDING D

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | PHASE 1 | BUILDING E

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION (PARKS/REC))

-REGENT SQUARE (PHASE 2) | PARK/PLAZA

-REGENT SQUARE (PHASE 2) | CIVIL/STREETSCAPES

(PROPOSED (NEW))

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | FUTURE PHASE | BUILDING D

(PROPOSED (PARKS/REC))

-HANOVER AUTRY PARK | FUTURE PHASE | GREEN SPACE

As a reminder, please feel free to let me know if you have any ideas to help improve the spreadsheet or the map.

Further reminder that this is something that I do on my free time, so not everything is either on the map or spreadsheet, so if it isn't on there it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but that I simply haven't gotten to it yet, etc...

As always, thanks to everyone who keeps up with each project thread with valuable info and photography. Without it all, this spreadsheet and map would not be possible.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

@LuminareGlad to hear you're feeling reinvigorated about this project.  I've also had a crazy 2020 like everybody else.  Hopefully with hurricane season almost over, cooler weather, and my temporary immunity(fingers crossed) I can get back to contributing to this project and the forum.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

---Update---

v.05 - Beta - Development Update 008

Week of 10/26/2020 - 11/01/2020

Not much of an update this week. Lot on my plate. Still, I want to get in a regular habit of posting updates even if not much got done. Anyways, hope everyone got to enjoy Halloween a bit.

Reminder, I do name things different than names of topics on this forum. This is so I can manage both the map and spreadsheet more effectively, and keep things rather standardized. If a name doesn't sound familiar to you then please refer to my new spread sheet! Which can then help you locate the forum discussion and the address which you can then find on the map.

Spreadsheet

- 1001 WESTHEIMER RD | WESTMONT

- 888 WESTHEIMER RD | MONTROSE COLLECTIVE

- 102 DENNIS ST | PEARL ROSEMONT

- 2222 CLEBURNE ST | LAW HARRINGTON SENIOR LIVING CENTER

- 3809 MAIN ST | THE RE-CENTER

- 3300 MAIN ST | THE TRAVIS

- 3803 EMANCIPATION AVE

MAP

--Updated to Map--

- 1001 WESTHEIMER RD | WESTMONT

- 888 WESTHEIMER RD | MONTROSE COLLECTIVE

--Change of Category to Map--

- 102 DENNIS ST | PEARL ROSEMONT

- 2222 CLEBURNE ST | LAW HARRINGTON SENIOR LIVING CENTER

- 3809 MAIN ST | THE RE-CENTER

- 3300 MAIN ST | THE TRAVIS

- 3803 EMANCIPATION AVE

As a reminder, please feel free to let me know if you have any ideas to help improve the spreadsheet or the map.

Further reminder that this is something that I do on my free time, so not everything is either on the map or spreadsheet, so if it isn't on there it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but that I simply haven't gotten to it yet, etc...

As always, thanks to everyone who keeps up with each project thread with valuable info and photography. Without it all, this spreadsheet and map would not be possible.

• Like 7

---NO Update---

Week of 11/02/2020 - 11/08/2020

No updates this week. It was my birthday Nov. 3, which turned into a birthday week, and of course there was the election which turned into an election week haha. Hope everyone had fun watching the schadenfreude that was the election. Whatever your political leanings...it was...different. 2020 baby. Hasn't disappointed yet. Project Astropolis will see you next week.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 4

• The title was changed to Project Astropolis Development Map
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
10 hours ago, feedvaulter said:

Found a small mistake at "The Mill" development (just west of Forth at Navigation).

image.png.380d74070dec29ecefc186cd97742637.png

The link points to the thread about Forth and Navigation but I think this is the correct thread:

Appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately, this project is currently on hold/hiatus for the foreseeable future. I believe I posted something about this on the Project Development thread, but it seems I didn't say anything on here. I simply don't have the time these days to continuously update the project. At the same time, I haven't seen anyone who wants to take this on themselves to replace me, and carry on with it. Currently, my focus is becoming a licensed architect (taking my exams right now), and building a new life in a new city in a new state, and don't really have the ability to dedicate any extra resources to a project that requires a lot of it. I'm glad you are getting some use out of it, as it lets me know that people are still interested in something like this, which is something I'll continue to consider as I find time at some point to maybe pick this back up. Until then feel free to keep commenting if you find anything else I should know about.

12 hours ago, Luminare said:

Appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately, this project is currently on hold/hiatus for the foreseeable future. I believe I posted something about this on the Project Development thread, but it seems I didn't say anything on here. I simply don't have the time these days to continuously update the project. At the same time, I haven't seen anyone who wants to take this on themselves to replace me, and carry on with it. Currently, my focus is becoming a licensed architect (taking my exams right now), and building a new life in a new city in a new state, and don't really have the ability to dedicate any extra resources to a project that requires a lot of it. I'm glad you are getting some use out of it, as it lets me know that people are still interested in something like this, which is something I'll continue to consider as I find time at some point to maybe pick this back up. Until then feel free to keep commenting if you find anything else I should know about.

Very understandable!

• 3 months later...
  • The topic was unpinned