Highrise Tower

• 1 month later...

2229 W Holcombe now listed on Loopnet.  Contains the property behind the home as well. 0.31 Acres total.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2229-W-Holcombe-Blvd-Houston-TX/20300624/

Lots 6 (2229 W Holcombe) & 26 (2212 Dorrington) are for sale, at 13,546 SF. The adjacent Lot 25 on Dorrington at 7,136 SF is also available for sale as a separate transaction. This would total 20,682 SF if you combine them. Drive through access from Holcombe to Dorrington 1/4 mile west of the Texas Medical Center, between S. Main St. and Greenbriar. Best use would be Medical or Retail. See survey and Plat attached. Call Broker for details.

eGhIiRa.png

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to 2231 W. Holcombe Blvd - Building For Sale
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2020 at 8:27 PM, Highrise Tower said:

2229 W Holcombe now listed on Loopnet.  Contains the property behind the home as well. 0.31 Acres total.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/2229-W-Holcombe-Blvd-Houston-TX/20300624/

eGhIiRa.png

It looks like both this property and 2214 Dorrington were all purchased by "DORRINGTON PARTNERS LP".  The mailing address is 5600 Central Drive, Suite 238.  I found some partnerships sharing that same address that appear to be associated with New Horizons Hospitality:

https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_tx/0800701915

http://newhorizonshospitality.com/properties.php

Existing brands include SpringHill Suites, Hyatt Place, Hilton Garden Inn, and Homewood Suites.

• Like 2

I really hope we don't get another one of these budget hotels, the area is flooded with them. I have no problem with them being budget hotels, but I do have a problem with their cookie cutter buildings. It's almost the same exact building every time, no matter the brand. I know we don't have renderings yet, but I can guarantee it's going to look something like this. The area has so much charm, I really hope this fall through. I would actually prefer this lot stays empty than have another generic "hotel." 

image.png.eb8db87b782899c7f5d93f944cbd5292.png 

• Like 1

The lot size is what's making me question the ultimate plans here - unless I am mistaken, it is considerably smaller than even the Residence Inn lot (including garage) at Kirby and Main.  So if this is indeed intended for a hotel, it would undoubtedly have to go vertical to make any sense.  And even then I have to wonder how it would work with the strange lot shape.  It's basically the same size as the car wash next door.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to 2231 W. Holcombe Blvd.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Dorrington Holcomb Hotel At 2214 Dorrington St.
  • 1 month later...

Project Name: Dorrington Lodging House

Location Address: 2212 Dorrington St.

Start Date: 1/1/2023

Estimated Cost: $9,000,000

Scope of Work: New 54 unit lodging house (4 stories, wood construction) over parking lot (one story, concrete)

Square Footage: 55,000 ft

Design Firm Name: Collaborate

• Like 6

• The title was changed to Dorrington Lodging House At 2214 Dorrington St.

I love stuff like this, it looks like west LA or a suburb in Japan. The key would build like 500 more of them inside the loop*

*I don't mean this particular building, its not architecturally my taste, but I mean like the general form factor of a 4-5 apartment that has minimal tuck-under parking that's only like a 1/4 acre and replaces a house, and there could be several of these on any given block. This is the next evolutionary step after those 3 story townhomes.

Edited by zaphod
  • Like 4

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...