Shell Energy Stadium

Subdude

Can we move this to Going Up now? It'll be easier for everyone to see the photo updates that some of you so graciously post. Also I'm really happy to see this coming along, I can't wait to go to some games here next season. Hopefully the Dynamo can get a designated player and actually be good again.

• Like 1

Good progress hoping once the stadium gets done they will redo the area with hotels, office space, and mixuse projects.:)

The area has come a long way from what you may be thinking already.

There's some great restaurants and bars in the area, as well as a lot of condos and a ton of townhomes sprinkled liberally throughout the area.

That's not to say that there aren't a bunch of empty buildings; empty fields; dilapidated warehouses and other places that make the area very much still a blank canvas.

But, driving through the area today vs having driven through it 10 years ago, it's a much brighter place.

• Like 3

The area has come a long way from what you may be thinking already.

There's some great restaurants and bars in the area, as well as a lot of condos and a ton of townhomes sprinkled liberally throughout the area.

That's not to say that there aren't a bunch of empty buildings; empty fields; dilapidated warehouses and other places that make the area very much still a blank canvas.

But, driving through the area today vs having driven through it 10 years ago, it's a much brighter place.

I agree, would like to see this in the going up section.

Good progress hoping once the stadium gets done they will redo the area with hotels, office space, and mixuse projects.:)

If by mixuse projects you mean parking lots, then, yes.

I'd like to see more midrise apartments in the area- that will give that rail station more reason to exist!

do people even care enough about soccer to be hooligans here? :)

well i've heard the popularity of soccer is on the rise. however, several factors such as the failure of our public schools coupled with lax enforcement of some of our laws, the area will soon degenerate into a wild west of sorts.

• 2 weeks later...