Shell Energy Stadium

Subdude

I realize Minute Maid has a lot of parking, but what they have doesn't begin to cover the overflow parking that comes into the streets in the proposed soccer stadium area. People go out of their way to save a few buck and park and walk from those streets. Unless parking is planned well every street surrounding the new complex will become a parking lot.

Maybe they could do something like Midtown and have residential only parking in front of the homes. That would at least simplify things for the residents in the surrounding area.

Go drive around Minute Maid Park. Pay close attention to the parking signs on the streets surrounding the stadium. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Go drive around Minute Maid Park. Pay close attention to the parking signs on the streets surrounding the stadium. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be surprised by. I live by there and drive right next to Minute Maid every day.

I probably know more than you do, so I won't take your bet.

I see him here until the completion of the stadium.

so, what you're saying is he will leave when the stadium is built?....You say you probably know more than him. OK, do you have a counteroffer? Aren't you agreeing with him by not taking his offer?

Edited by CHiPs

This is the company in charge of the project( per this article). Mid December is coming up, so maybe we'll something their website...maybe?

http://www.iconvenue.com/about/index.shtml

no future in Houston for AEG? http://www.aegworldwide.com/04_future/the_future.html

A. AEG is planning on selling its percentage of ownership of the Dynamo, most likely to the Brenner/De La Hoya group that already partly owns the franchise. This likely wont happen until after the stadium deal is completed, which will be soon anyways.

B. That AEG webpage you referenced is about promoting future mixed-use projects the company is working on (like LA Live) and has nothing to do about AEG's future plans for the sports franchises the company owns, like the Dynamo and LA Galaxy.

EDIT: Also, keep an eye on Rossetti Architects homepage as well. They will likely play a role in the designing of Dynamo Stadium.

Edited by tigereye

A. AEG is planning on selling its percentage of ownership of the Dynamo, most likely to the Brenner/De La Hoya group that already partly owns the franchise. This likely wont happen until after the stadium deal is completed, which will be soon anyways.

B. That AEG webpage you referenced is about promoting future mixed-use projects the company is working on (like LA Live) and has nothing to do about AEG's future plans for the sports franchises the company owns, like the Dynamo and LA Galaxy.

EDIT: Also, keep an eye on Rossetti Architects homepage as well. They will likely play a role in the designing of Dynamo Stadium.

I joined this site after reading some posts about this topic on another message board.

Any updates on the stadium?

• 2 weeks later...
New Developments:

it looks like its up to Larry Catuzzi and Gene Locke for their recommendations on the proposal

"The Dynamo want to know if the stadium project is going to go forward by the end of the year."

Article from Fox News

i dont know guys, we'll see

It's pretty much the end of the year and I don't think No News Is Goods News is true in this case.

You may be right. So then maybe some news is GOOD news.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headli...ro/6180023.html

Indeed, this is huge :-)

The proposal the commissioners sent the city late Monday states the money would have to be used to build the public amenities and infrastructure serving the stadium, rather than the physical structure itself, Garcia said. That might include the water and sewer lines for the stadium, or the parking lots and tree-lined plazas surrounding it.

Other conditions include guaranteeing that Texas Southern University will be allowed to play home games at the stadium and agreeing that 15 percent of the seats will never be sold for more than than the average price of a movie ticket.

--------------

If the city and the Dynamo agree to the terms of the deal, Lee or Garcia would submit it for approval by the entire Commissioners Court as early as Jan. 13, Garcia said.

White spokesman Frank Michel said the offer is a "good, positive step."

"But it's just one of a number of steps that will have to happen before any final deal is done," he added.

You may be right. So then maybe some news is GOOD news.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headli...ro/6180023.html

haha....nice timing.

I like the stipulations!

The proposal the commissioners sent the city late Monday states the money would have to be used to build the public amenities and infrastructure serving the stadium, rather than the physical structure itself, Garcia said. That might include the water and sewer lines for the stadium, or the parking lots and tree-lined plazas surrounding it.

Other conditions include guaranteeing that Texas Southern University will be allowed to play home games at the stadium and agreeing that 15 percent of the seats will never be sold for more than than the average price of a movie ticket.

"We want to make sure that that's included in the agreement so we won't see a situation where the stadium is built and they focus on suites or club suites and their prices double or triple in the first few years," Garcia said.

• 3 weeks later...
Jesus this moves at a snail's pace. When did the county talk about their requirements for involvement? September? It took 4 months for the Dynamo and City to say "we agree"?

It's slow moving but the county is moving along now with more information. Great movement in the last month. :)

The area will get upgrades (infrastructure), the team will get stadium, TSU will also have access (for relatively minimal cost), affordability is included and East End will get a spurt of growth in slowing economy.

Edited by JJVilla

Yeah...ok... -_-

Why the facial expression?Confused? :mellow:

the fact that you would ask for a source and/or photographic evidence to confirm a piece of information that could be verified simply by walking over there is very odd... i mean, did you not believe him? or perhaps a better question would be do you actually think someone would just make that up?

the fact that you would ask for a source and/or photographic evidence to confirm a piece of information that could be verified simply by walking over there is very odd... i mean, did you not believe him? or perhaps a better question would be do you actually think someone would just make that up?

No I did not believe him and I can't walk there (in Galveston.)

...and yes I do think he could have just made that up.

Courtesy of our friends on the Dynamo Board at BigSoccer, the most recent pic I could find. This is the site as of 1/12/09. Since then the warehouse on the left has been cleared.

Stadiumsite_Panorama1.jpg

Thanks for confirming this. :P

Perhaps he is in the woodlands?