Shell Energy Stadium

Subdude

Can you confirm that you live near by? And, to whoever posted photos, can you confirm that those are not photoshopped? Can anyone confirm that this is actually HAIF's website and not a phishing site??? If you can, how will you confirm that your confirmation is accurate????

;)

(sorry, just feeling goofy this morning) :P

This post is to confirm that I am not real and that none of my posts are real. I am a figment of your imagination.

Man, WTF is that?

It appears to be a shoe emblazoned with the likeness of Barack Obama. The only association between presidents and shoes that comes to mind is when Iraqi protesters threw shoes at former President Bush (where cultural norms are that shoes associated or applied to people are considered an act of greatest insult), so one might be led to conclude that the shoe is in some way a criticism of Obama's policy towards Iraq or the Middle East.

It appears to be a shoe emblazoned with the likeness of Barack Obama. The only association between presidents and shoes that comes to mind is when Iraqi protesters threw shoes at former President Bush (where cultural norms are that shoes associated or applied to people are considered an act of greatest insult), so one might be led to conclude that the shoe is in some way a criticism of Obama's policy towards Iraq or the Middle East.

But with Obama, it was different. He only wanted to show us how we were outnumbered, outgunned, outmatched, and seeming mad, we realized the importance of our monument. On that day, half a century ago, our species was pushed to the crumbling edge of extinction and as we teetered on that precipice, staring down at the abyss, a hand reached out, pulled us back from the brink and gave us hope... the hand of a hero.

But with Obama, it was different. He only wanted to show us how we were outnumbered, outgunned, outmatched, and seeming mad, we realized the importance of our monument. On that day, half a century ago, our species was pushed to the crumbling edge of extinction and as we teetered on that precipice, staring down at the abyss, a hand reached out, pulled us back from the brink and gave us hope... the hand of a hero.

Is the hero Oliver Luck?

EDIT: I'm gonna call off the joke while it's still funny. I knew what you meant. I just wanted to make fun of the shoe. Little did I know that I would incite a rant that was funnier than I ever could've hoped for! :lol:

Edited by TheNiche

With all due respect: *GAG*

Like I posted in BigSoccer, these screens of the most detailed elevations have me thinking Allianz Arena due to the use of what appears to be Teflon wrapping the stadium. Could be lighted and look beautiful at night.

image002.png

image001.png

Edited by tigereye

I'm frankly surprised that this thread has gone to 37 pages, considering soccer is for Eurotrash, Latino men who are far less macho than they think, and gay guys. :ph34r:

You left out southern born males who are secure enough in their manhood that they don't feel the need to drive Chevy pickups and listen to country music, but hey, maybe you're not an expert on the subject.

Like I posted in BigSoccer, these screens of the most detailed elevations have me thinking Allianz Arena due to the use of what appears to be Teflon wrapping the stadium. Could be lighted and look beautiful at night.

image002.png

image001.png

I can also see the pillars in the above renderings; they're hidden. But why are these renderings so conflicting or at the least, why are these without all the extra stuff?

gallery_723_64_2159.jpg

gallery_723_64_10165.jpg

Edited by lockmat

^ I was wondering about the same thing. I hope the renderings Tigereye posted are the real renderings of the Dynamo stadium, the ones you posted lockmat looks like a boring high school football stadium. Also does anyone think this stadium will spark new developement in the warehouse district area like Discovery Green has in Downtown?

No. Study after study has concluded that sports stadia do little to revitalize urban areas.

what, you're saying that bus bar across the street from mmp is not revitalization?!!

^ I was wondering about the same thing. I hope the renderings Tigereye posted are the real renderings of the Dynamo stadium, the ones you posted lockmat looks like a boring high school football stadium. Also does anyone think this stadium will spark new developement in the warehouse district area like Discovery Green has in Downtown?

Well he got them from the same place I did, KHOU's news video. I searched this thread for "architect" but came up empty. Do we know who it is? I thought I've asked this before.

No. Study after study has concluded that sports stadia do little to revitalize urban areas.

Hmmm... If Discovery Green can make developments pop up around it, I think the Dynamo Stadium has a chance of doing the same thing.

Well he got them from the same place I did, KHOU's news video. I searched this thread for "architect" but came up empty. Do we know who it is? I thought I've asked this before.

I don't.

what, you're saying that bus bar across the street from mmp is not revitalization?!!

Not anything meaningful, no.

Hmmm... If Discovery Green can make developments pop up around it, I think the Dynamo Stadium has a chance of doing the same thing.

Discovery Green is a park. It is open all day every day. A stadium is open only a few dozen times per year. And Dynamo Stadium isn't even a very large stadium.

Maybe there'll be a new bar. Maybe.

Maybe there'll be a new bar. Maybe.

I can see it now... Jefe Bar East.

Like all the new development that popped up next to Reliant?

I'm not sure a new liquor store counts... but hey if you like it go for it.

That video showed what the heck happened to Sherry Williams. . . former CW 39 anchor woman. . .

Looks like she got over her crack addiction. Is that what you mean?

I know who is on the short-list and is who highly considered.

those images are preliminary, probably a quick study model to get scale and proportion for the site.

I'm frankly surprised that this thread has gone to 37 pages, considering soccer is for Eurotrash, Latino men who are far less macho than they think, and gay guys. :ph34r:

Frankly, I'm surprised there are idiots like you still around.

Go to the next Dynamo game and stand with all the "gays" in the El Batallon or Texian Army supporters sections and offer up your unique point of view, and bring your friends. I'm sure all those Eurotrash, Latino, Homosexuals will be impressed by your frankness and probably too scared to say anything to your face.

Better yet, wait until Aug. 9th when I'm in town and I'll buy your ticket and beer on one condition. I get to witness your internet bravery in person.

Love,

- Native Texan

- Former football player for 7 years (and the bad knees, pins, and arthritis to prove it)

- Pickup truck owner since I was a teenager (I'm almost 40 now)

- Copenhagen user

- NFL, MLB and MLS season ticket holder.