Area Bordered By 288, 610 South, Fannin, And S. Braeswood Blvd.

So I drove down to Fannin South Transit Center to meet some family. And I noticed that the area is extremely underdeveloped. Aside from TMC3, are there any long term plans to upgrade infrastructure or something? Fannin should have nice wide sidewalks carrying you straight in to the heart of the Med Center and it just boggles my mind how this area isn’t better utilized as a gateway in to the area. 

Almeda has some new sidewalks that were made during the Superbowl, and Holly Hall has a very nice separated bike path, but the infrastructure in this corner is still very car-centric.  There's 2 bus routes that go through it, and the one light rail station is very oriented towards the stadium.  Most of it is 80s condo/townhouse developments, which are affordable but very car centric.

Fannin should get nice wide sidewalks from Fannin South all the way into the med center, as part of a redo of that whole corridor.  Almeda needs some thought put into it before the large Grocer's supply development really starts getting underway.  Ardmore doesn't even have sidewalks for most of its length, and it's a designated bike route

3 hours ago, cspwal said:

Almeda has some new sidewalks that were made during the Superbowl, and Holly Hall has a very nice separated bike path, but the infrastructure in this corner is still very car-centric.  There's 2 bus routes that go through it, and the one light rail station is very oriented towards the stadium.  Most of it is 80s condo/townhouse developments, which are affordable but very car centric.

Fannin should get nice wide sidewalks from Fannin South all the way into the med center, as part of a redo of that whole corridor.  Almeda needs some thought put into it before the large Grocer's supply development really starts getting underway.  Ardmore doesn't even have sidewalks for most of its length, and it's a designated bike route

I agree. Fannin should have wide sidewalks that lead right in to the Med Center. This area should really be a gateway for medical professionals to live and have the ability to walk to work. 

2 hours ago, cspwal said:

Also for people to walk to and from NRG during large events 

That too. During the rodeo or Texan games those sidewalks are packed and then areas around all those old shopping plazas have no sidewalks so people crowd the street.

• The title was changed to Area Bordered By 288, 610 South, Fannin, And S. Braeswood Blvd.

Archived