Stella Link Mixed-Used Development By Barvin

Any updates regarding this shopping center? It's located at Stella Link & South Braeswood.  The shopping center has been doing very poorly over the years. Lots of vacancies and no remodels.

Looked around on DMRE's website today. Looks like the property was sold.  9.70 acres. Future housing or a major retail redevelopment?

https://dmre.com/property/stella-link-and-braeswood-9-70-acres/

f0Ay7gG.jpg

Old site plan.

ZEhlEkl.jpg

• Like 3
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to Stella Link Mixed-Used Development by Barvin

More info.

http://www.agorapartners.com/stella-link

Agora was hired by Barvin to advise on how to integrate the public realm into a new mixed-use development inside the Loop in Houston, Texas. Agora is advising Barvin on issues both within the project site, including connectivity and programming its public spaces, and outside the project site by optimizing the project’s proximity to a greenway. The project will eventually have hundreds of market-rate apartments and approximately 75,000 square feet of retail.

• Like 4
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Highrise Tower changed the title to Stella Link Mixed-Used Development By Barvin

It was once discussed to make the shopping center site (Spec's, former Houston Pets Alive and Braeswood Vision, etc.) into a retention basin, to complement others being excavated closer to 610.

What became of  that idea?

Edited by houblu
  • 2 months later...

Urb, why have you stopped updating the Houston city thread on SSP? I always enjoy the responses from out of towners. Particularly those comparing our suburban Hotels to the Montmarte in Paris. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
On 4/7/2021 at 10:11 AM, Montrose1100 said:

Urb, why have you stopped updating the Houston city thread on SSP? I always enjoy the responses from out of towners. Particularly those comparing our suburban Hotels to the Montmarte in Paris. 

I don’t have as much time anymore as I cover more of Austin now with photo updates and what not. Houston still does have a lot going on- I too miss people commenting on the activity. 

• Like 4