Hotels In Houston

None of the ten highest revenue generators in the state, although a respectable showing with 8 of the top 100 (tied with Dallas and Galveston, ahead of San Antonio). We really shouldn't be this bad. Our tourism industry is nothing compared to Austin's, and it shouldn't be. Hype has not been our friend.

https://dallas.culturemap.com/news/travel/03-09-20-ritz-carlton-dallas-joule-crescent-court-revpar-most-lucrative-hotel/

• 2 weeks later...

Austin Hotels in 2019 were outrageously expensive. It's no wonder they earned such  high revenue. I'd also like to see the airbnb for each city, would imagine it's similar. For some reason I ended up in Austin a lot last year. My wallet cringed every time an event was announced there.

Austin is new and exciting.

Dallas is marketed very well and certainly in the circuit of 2nd tier American cities.

San Antonio is a tourism city, mainly family friendly attractions, with some very nice boutique hotels.

Houston - Well, we have some good ones no doubt, but nothing flagship. When people ask me "What's the best place to stay"? There's hesitation. We have a hodge podge of lodges, all lacking amenities the others may have. If I could take the location of ZaZa, with the interior style of the JW Marriott, plus the pool of the Marriott Marquis, the service of the St Regis, the hype of Equinox, and the exterior aesthetics of... well, none of them,  we could have 'that' hotel.

The problem is we're a no-man's land with zero vision, zero marketing, and zero budget to do it with. 

• The title was changed to Hotels In Houston

Archived