Latter Day Saints Mission Home At 1220 Calumet St.

Highrise Tower

3 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

This half block is a great location to build mid-rise or high-rise luxury condos. 

this is really the only block adjacent to the museum park light rail that isn’t owned by a non profit or already fully developed - lots of potential. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't really understand the obsession with surface parking lots specifically in this area. I do understand that parking lots are a nice place holder while the owners shop the land or figure out what to develop it with. There are three lots in a small space, you would think the price of the land would mandate a higher level of usage, especially now when there aren't that many cars needing to park for the museums or park. I know COVID is discouraging some types of development, but it should also be discouraging this too. 

3 hours ago, X.R. said:

I don't really understand the obsession with surface parking lots specifically in this area. I do understand that parking lots are a nice place holder while the owners shop the land or figure out what to develop it with. There are three lots in a small space, you would think the price of the land would mandate a higher level of usage, especially now when there aren't that many cars needing to park for the museums or park. I know COVID is discouraging some types of development, but it should also be discouraging this too. 

it’s a terrible use, but you can’t have a vacant property inside the loop for very long before it becomes a homeless colony. The more you board up a property, the more inviting it becomes. Almost always better to knock it down and at least extract some value while waiting to develop. Additionally, it creates downward pressure on parking revenue for adjacent owners, making the attractiveness of them holding forever less appealing. 

• The title was changed to 1220 Calumet St.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Latter Day Saints Mission Home At 1220 Calumet St.

Archived