so many bikes

who knew that there were as many bicycles in this town.

I guess that some of them are brand new purchases, but it is refreshing to see so many people riding bikes, even if it ultimately is a horrible situation that's driving it.

hopefully this is something that sticks as a trend after we can open everything back up again.

Houston BCycle program closes 12 locations at Memorial, Buffalo Bayou, Hermann parks

Houston BCycle, the nonprofit that operates over 100 bike-sharing stations throughout the city, has closed 12 stations at several popular Inner Loop parks to prevent crowding amid the coronavirus outbreak, the organization announced April 3.

1 hour ago, BeerNut said:

I would love if Houston adopted closing off streets every Sunday instead of just for the rotating Sunday Streets.

They could do that easily on some streets right now.  Only thing is that it can draw a crowd.

I literally got stuck in a bike traffic jam riding along Buffalo Bayou. There were about 30 people in front of me on bikes and another random amount of people going past. Zero indication they were part of any groups... just a bunch of different people riding. Nothing I've ever seen.

• 1 year later...

Archived