East End On The Bayou I & II: Residential At 802 N Nagle St. & 415 N St. Charles St.

Urbannizer

Yes. We need more quality developments like this in the immediate area to help counteract the proposed affordable housing developments (one of which will be right to the east of this, if I’m not mistaken).

Speaking of which, whatever happened with that proposal for the multi-family building on Fox and N. Nagle? The renderings for it looked very similar to this.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, thedistrict84 said:

Yes. We need more quality developments like this in the immediate area to help counteract the proposed affordable housing developments (one of which will be right to the east of this, if I’m not mistaken).

Speaking of which, whatever happened with that proposal for the multi-family building on Fox and N. Nagle? The renderings for it looked very similar to this.

Last I heard, the Buffalo Bayou Partnership was suing the project because something related to sidewalks.

• 10 months later...

Drove by here today to make sure my 311 request for illegal dumping had actually been addressed at this property, and noticed a truck taking soil samples on site. This is a lot over near the silos, essentially across the street from where the Marquette proposal at 400 Jensen is slated to (eventually) go up.

Google search did not return anything. HCAD search also came up empty. Anybody have any idea what might be going on here?

• Thanks 1

The parcel is owned by Parkview on the Bayou:

415 N SAINT CHARLES ST close.png
HCAD Account: 0372040000009
Owner Name: PARKVIEW ON THE BAYOU
State Class: C2
Appraised Value: Pending
Market Value: Pending
Address: 415 N SAINT CHARLES ST
City: HOUSTON
Zipcode: 77003
Subdivision: SECOND WARD

I used the interactive parcel map to get that information from HCAD.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ross said:

The parcel is owned by Parkview on the Bayou:

415 N SAINT CHARLES ST close.png
HCAD Account: 0372040000009
Owner Name: PARKVIEW ON THE BAYOU
State Class: C2
Appraised Value: Pending
Market Value: Pending
Address: 415 N SAINT CHARLES ST
City: HOUSTON
Zipcode: 77003
Subdivision: SECOND WARD

I used the interactive parcel map to get that information from HCAD.

I forgot that the interactive map was a thing. Whoops. 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

Guess the apartments are back on, good news for the area. We definitely need some more market-rate apartments in the area.

The unit count seems a bit small, so I’m assuming these will be larger units?

It also mentions podium parking at 5 stories. I'm interested to see how this will look. It's a huge lot for just 50 units. Fingers crossed for the green lawn still making it in the final product.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

Guess the apartments are back on, good news for the area. We definitely need some more market-rate apartments in the area.

The unit count seems a bit small, so I’m assuming these will be larger units?

FWIW, I believe these are going to be condos instead of traditional MF. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, burt said:

FWIW, I believe these are going to be condos instead of traditional MF. 

Heck, that’s even better. Now when somebody talks about “all of those condos in the East End” in an attempt to denigrate townhomes, at least they won’t be completely wrong.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ljchou said:

What happened to the 800 Middle Street affordable housing development plans?

I believe there is an ongoing TCEQ investigation into one of the tracts that make up the larger property relating to contamination.

There was also a notice and comment period with the City of Houston regarding environmental and infrastructure impact, which ended in October. I had submitted comments at that time, given the scale of the property and the inherent issues with access and overwhelming traffic given the narrow ROW of neighborhood streets nearby.

I have not heard anything since. 

• The title was changed to East End On The Bayou: New Mid-Rise
3 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

v9XN9Ah.png

This is a few blocks away from the other development by the same name, which seems odd. Also no "Phase I" or "Phase II" designation, which probably wouldn't make sense anyway given that the lots are not contiguous. 

I will note that they were doing soil sampling at the 415 N Charles address a month or so ago, so something large is definitely planned to go there. Apartments above a parking structure makes perfect sense, given how low that lot lies. 

A bit more info from a different thread:

http://paduarealty.com/#our-work

bhIQBwo.jpg

Looks to be a passive investment company/shell for obtaining Qualified Opportunity Zone for tax benefits:

https://www.bizapedia.com/tx/eeob-opportunity-zone-fund-llc.html

Qualified Opportunity Zone:

https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/businesses/opportunity-zones

Edited by Paco Jones
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, Highrise Tower said:

v9XN9Ah.png

This is a different project than the project adjacent to the silos. Same developer though. The N. St. Charles lot is bound by N. Live Oak, Parkview Bayou Dr. (formerly Kennedy St.), and N. St. Charles. It is shaded in orange/red on one of the previous posts that includes a map. 

• Like 2

Is this the same development? I was looking at this thread and clicked @Urbannizer's link.

http://www.andersoncanyon.net/portfolio.html

I noticed under "Multi-Family Residential Developments" there's a project called "East End on the Bayou"

image.png.0674411910ef777201ae9f22e5c0cb84.png

image.png.56c0844ebd35506fbdb322960854d295.png

image.png.0162145dad2f6b6599e1b61b512c6029.png

image.png.7bf94955aa67e9d90ad962c8615cca02.png

Looks like it reads Nagle Street on this last image.

When you go to http://www.paduarealty.com/#our-work these are the images that come up.

image.png.4fd91fdd4176a2cfa07d9975eb6efc5f.png

image.png.229190769878a362b484599db52da48a.png

• Like 7