HAIF - Houston's original social media

Shepherd Square Shopping Center

1 hour ago, gmac said:

Not great quality at all, but this is from the January 28, 1955 Chronicle story about the opening of the dealership.

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 6.53.59 PM.png

Other than different signs and different cars in the lot it looked pretty much the same 25 years later. 

Edited by mollusk
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, gmac said:

Not great quality at all, but this is from the January 28, 1955 Chronicle story about the opening of the dealership.

Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 6.53.59 PM.png

1955 was a great year to open a Chevrolet dealership. Advertising for the 1955 models called them "The Hot One" and they were with COMPLETELY NEW styling and an all new overhead valve V8 engine replacing the venerable but not nearly as powerful "stove bolt" six cylinder engine. The building was certainly not that exciting but, in those days I guess, the cars sold themselves.

Edited by Specwriter
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
On 9/11/2020 at 8:02 PM, hindesky said:

Yvsyipo.png

zYHFdZZ.png

Oh for sure 2020...

the question is when.

I am betting they could have it open in October but I can guarantee it will be open by November just in time for holiday shopping etc...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Target looking very very close.

Saw many employees showing up for their shift this morning I'm guessing for stocking/etc. You can see the 3 lifts in the picture, so clearly some painting/finishing/whatever is still happening. 

ljcOUkq.jpg

• Like 4

I knew they would kick this into high gear in time for the holidays!!!

I am happy for all the Montrose people to now have this in their area...i love my uptown Target being so close! 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/impacts/2020/10/19/target-set-to-open-newest-inner-loop-location/

By Matt Dulin | 12:20 PM Oct 19, 2020 CDT | Updated 12:20 PM Oct 19, 2020 CDT

The new Target store in the Shepherd Square Shopping Center, 2075 Westheimer Road, will open Oct. 25, a company spokesperson confirmed.

The store replaces a former Randalls grocery store footprint with 63,000 square feet and will be Target's fourth Inner Loop location.
  • Like 3