The White Oak: Mixed-Use At 2520 Houston Ave.

Urbannizer

• 7 months later...
On 12/30/2020 at 11:47 AM, native_Houstonian said:

Did I understand the video correctly?   First floor parking, then a floor of retail, and then 3 more floors of parking?  

Also, they referred to the building the party was held as their "sister building?"   Looks like the building at Studewood and 11th.  Can anyone confirm?

Also, Mr. Houston?   🤢

Yes, the party was held at the 1111 Studewood event space.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Nothing too exciting to share on this, but I noticed not too long ago that there are new "Cherry Demolition" and "For Sale - to be Moved" signs on the existing restaurant structure. Maybe that's a sign of progress, or they need some extra cash to finance this thru?! I didn't see any official demo permits, but there was a recent Plan Review below...

Screenshot_20220418-181630_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Wasn't able to get a good picture from my car, but crews were demolishing the structure early this evening - only the metal part is remaining as of now. Originally there were signs on the building indicating it would be moved, clearly there weren't any takers....

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So they set up the vertical mast on the tower crane yesterday and then took it back down. The tower crane operator at the Marquette Companies White Oak apartments was watching while he was in his tower crane (he is about half mile away). He saw my post on IG and at the end of his shift he DMed me about why it was taken back down. I didn't know but he has lots of connections in the business and found out it wasn't plumb/level so they took it back down. Talked with several workers at the site this morning and they confirmed it. They also said lots of the work has been shut down because all the sections of the tower crane take up a big portion of the property. A boss told me they are waiting for shims so they can level the concrete base. Sounds like a very expensive mistake.

yDuZ4Kp.jpg

XgiUNPI.jpg

SYb0Ha4.png

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...