Super tiny city house

7 hours ago, wilcal said:

Interesting that it has parking for 2-3 cars as well. This clearly must have been a former alley or something?

Would be interesting to see something like this in Houston, although it might be harder with our minimum lot size. 

What minimum lot size? That's done on a neighborhood basis.

1.PNG

I searched HAIF but couldn't find any topics on the properties at 1510 Dumble. This street view is a little old they've all been completed and sold. Some higher than $250k. 800sqft. They're cute inside but not for me. Right behind Monchy's on Telephone.

Anyways, The renderings you've posted of this tiny-city-house are cool and progressive. But how many floors/split levels/ladders might one climb to sit in a tiny room and stare at house plants all day? While cool in form the function looks anything but. Excuse me child #2, I need your breakfast eating area to climb up the ladder on our counter. The plants in the closet haven't had someone sit and stare at them for a few hours.

1 hour ago, Montrose1100 said:

I searched HAIF but couldn't find any topics on the properties at 1510 Dumble. This street view is a little old they've all been completed and sold. Some higher than $250k. 800sqft. They're cute inside but not for me. Right behind Monchy's on Telephone.

Anyways, The renderings you've posted of this tiny-city-house are cool and progressive. But how many floors/split levels/ladders might one climb to sit in a tiny room and stare at house plants all day? While cool in form the function looks anything but. Excuse me child #2, I need your breakfast eating area to climb up the ladder on our counter. The plants in the closet haven't had someone sit and stare at them for a few hours.

Always thought those would make way more sense on a smaller lot where the value could be maximized. They just seem kind of awkward on a lot that looks too large. 

Archived