Future Development Of 301 W. Gray St.

HoustonMidtown

Does anyone know what is going to be built on the southwest corner of Taft and West Gray? It used to be a vacant old restaurant that was torn down a few months ago.....

How about across the street - it looks like someone made the abandon building a drive-in !!! (and someone painted "Got Beer" on the damage!!)

The rumor has it that a condo tower (6 story) will go in at the Southeast corner of West Gray and Taft on the site of the old sheet metal shop.

As a very close neighbor, I can not wait.

There is pretty much hearsay as I do not have a link.

Also, I would like to know what is planned for the old Seafood Take Out Restaurant that was leveled. Southwest Corner of West Gray aand Taft.

The rumor has it that a condo tower (6 story) will go in at the Southeast corner of West Gray and Taft on the site of the old sheet metal shop.

That would be good news.

Is that clinic still open on the SE corner? Is the sheet metal shop you're referring to on that same block?

A six or seven store tower would be great. It would be another step in moving towards more dense residential environment. Also, a new building on that corner will do a lot to help revitalize it.

As a very close neighbor, I can not wait.

There is pretty much hearsay as I do not have a link.

Also, I would like to know what is planned for the old Seafood Take Out Restaurant that was leveled. Southwest Corner of West Gray aand Taft.

Its another cleaners! Yeahh!!! :angry:

And the little building across the street from there was torn down this week. I called on that property a few mnths ago and the price was crazy from what i remember. I think they wanted $4000 per month for it with no allowances.

• 1 year later...

I am curious, does anyone know what the business located on Gray between the cleaners and Byzantio is? I often notice many cars and trucks parked outside the tan colored house, but there is no sign and all of the windows are covered. I am assuming that it is probably a bar, but I have been hesitant to try to go in being that I don't know the nature of the business.

I am curious, does anyone know what the business located on Gray between the cleaners and Byzantio is? I often notice many cars and trucks parked outside the tan colored house, but there is no sign and all of the windows are covered. I am assuming that it is probably a bar, but I have been hesitant to try to go in being that I don't know the nature of the business.

Crack House!!!!!!

No, it is definitely not vacant. I have seen people coming and going through the front door. It is the beige colored house next to Byzantio, they actually share the same parking lot. There are always cars there, everything from Mercedes to work trucks. It could be a crack house, but they definitely picked a very visible location if it is.

greek poker game. you only get in if they know you.

This is what I thought it was... or a house of ill repute.

There's also another house on Sage in between Woodway and San Felipe, that I think does the same thing. It's a nice brick house, but it has green shutters and they are always closed and there are always a bunch of cars in the yard.

greek poker game. you only get in if they know you.

dream

Thanks for the answer. That is one of the possibilities I had thought of.

I have another one for you guys. Does anyone know what is in the large brick house that is across the street from Buffalo Wild Wings on Gray? It takes up the whole block and is surrounded by an iron fence complete with guard dogs in the yard. One of the guard dogs once reached through the fence and bit my dog on the nose as we were walking past. My guess is either a law firm or a private residence. It has a fairly large parking lot for a residence though.

• 2 years later...

no, but i'm walking distance from there. i'll keep an eye on it.

i heard rumors that the school there was going to be shut down by the district. i'm really hoping nothing happens to the baseball field next to it, my view would get ruined if they build there...

• 11 years later...
  • The title was changed to Taft St. And Gray St.
  • The title was changed to Future Development Of 301 W. Gray St.

Archived