Sign in to follow this  
ljchou

3100 McKinney Street

Saw a sign from Ancorian in front of the blue building on the corner of McKinney + Palmer Street. Any idea what this will be? Ancorian's website doesn't have it listed.

Edited by ljchou

I think McKinney has the potential to become a bar/restaurant destination similar to Washington Ave (but totally different vibes). It's a super wide street with plenty of opportunity. At least north of the trail & light rail.

Would also love to see 2524 McKinney turned into a lounge bar/restaurant. There's so many homes within walking distance. Plus 45/69 wiping Chartres off the map, those businesses could relocate here.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Montrose1100 said:

Would also love to see 2524 McKinney turned into a lounge bar/restaurant.

That building and the smaller warehouse at the southwest corner of McKinney and Emancipation would both be good candidates to be renovated into either a bar or restaurant.

• Like 2

2524 McKinney used to be the Axiom, a grunge/metal/punk/alternative venue way back when east of 59 was still a no-man's land. I agree with McKinney feeling prime for a bar/restaurant corridor, and especially that building with its cool history and that hanging arrow sign out front. I'd love to see some bike lanes on McKinney, too. They aren't needed quite yet because car traffic isn't too heavy, but as the area develops I'd love to have that route intact as it's the best way to get to downtown from many places in the Greater East End on two wheels. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, linearmovement said:

2524 McKinney used to be the Axiom, a grunge/metal/punk/alternative venue way back when east of 59 was still a no-man's land. I agree with McKinney feeling prime for a bar/restaurant corridor, and especially that building with its cool history and that hanging arrow sign out front. I'd love to see some bike lanes on McKinney, too. They aren't needed quite yet because car traffic isn't too heavy, but as the area develops I'd love to have that route intact as it's the best way to get to downtown from many places in the Greater East End on two wheels. 

Nothing against bikes because I'm going to buy one soon enough, but I think the trail already going down Walker (one street over), plus the lanes on Polk, McKinney doesn't need to become another bike trail. Polk's lanes should go all the way south since it's the only underpass to Greater Eastwood. Certainly not dead end at St Emanuel.