Annoyance!

Ok, I am having an annoyance that hopefully somebody can help me with.

Every now and then a program bar flashes on and off on my system tray, but there isn't a name on the bar to tell me what it is. It goes away pretty quickly, but it is driving me nuts, especially when I am trying to play or render a map in SC4 and the program minimizes to my desktop.

If anyone knows what it is and can help me with getting it to stop, I would appreciate it greatly.

Without knowing what the program is, it's hard to help, but it sounds like some sort of spyware/adware/malware. Go here and try Jay Lee's Patented Spyware Removal System. It includes 3 free spyware programs that you can run to possibly help remove your annoyance.

You can also go to your add/remove programs icon in your Control Panel and check to see if there is anything in there that is out of the ordinary.

Good luck.

Back when I had Windows, my favorite was Lavasoft's AdAware. I understand it's still well respected.

There was a recent article that stated Windows users should have at least three different scanning programs to really get all of the cruft.

If a suspicious program pops up, you might want to look it up first. If it is a non-needed program, you can end it in the task manager.

Well the program has no name in the system tray. It's like a program is starting up real fast and then it goes away.

It's pretty random and it happens quickly. But still it annoys me. Though I think that if I am moving my cursor and actions are happening in Sim City then it wont go to my desktop, only if there is no action does it go to the desktop.

Archived