Scott Street Lofts At 1320 Scott St.

ljchou

"Scott Street Lofts, located at 1320 Scott Street will be a 123-unit apartment development for seniors." per Houston Chronicle.

Looks like there are four new mixed-income apartment complexes going up in and around the East Downtown/East End area.

image.png.14c160f13f638b98f50d1a7cc46136df.png

Edited by ljchou
  • Like 6

Is it normal for so many low income housing options to be located in such close proximity? 78% of those units are low income, and if you remove 2222 pierce from the list (because its physically not as close to the other three) then its 87% of the units. 

Also, New Hope Housing is located just down the street from the Harrisburg and York location, so add another 175 units of low income housing.

Edited by ahawk
  • Like 1

The short answer is no. There's a lot of friction with the East End being referred to as the "dumping ground" for affordable housing options.

In my opinion, any development is better than no development. Though it does seem like overkill along the Harrisburg corridor.

• Like 3

@Urbannizer @Triton @ekdrm2d1 @Montrose1100 @Subdude

Thanks Urbannizer for throwing this on Going Up!

While plotting these on the map I saw that there was another thread in the East Downtown/East End subforum which brought up a couple of these already.

Here is the original thread:

Here was the original letter about the developments:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1118751441959&ca=b7ba0956-0f52-4801-97fc-57b56ca0e13a

This letter contains info about "Harrisburg Lofts", and "Vista East"

I have no clue what y'all will think is best to do here. Combine everything into one Affordable Housing Super Thread? Keep it all individual? Anyway thought I would bring it to the mod teams attention.

Once again, whatever y'all go with I'll respect.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Luminare said:

@Urbannizer @Triton @ekdrm2d1 @Montrose1100 @Subdude

Thanks Urbannizer for throwing this on Going Up!

While plotting these on the map I saw that there was another thread in the East Downtown/East End subforum which brought up a couple of these already.

Here is the original thread:

Here was the original letter about the developments:

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1118751441959&ca=b7ba0956-0f52-4801-97fc-57b56ca0e13a

This letter contains info about "Harrisburg Lofts", and "Vista East"

I have no clue what y'all will think is best to do here. Combine everything into one Affordable Housing Super Thread? Keep it all individual? Anyway thought I would bring it to the mod teams attention.

Once again, whatever y'all go with I'll respect.

Mods have agreed that all requests must be "reported" to us instead of tagging us in the forums going forward. Please send us over a request and we'll look at it, thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Triton said:

Mods have agreed that all requests must be "reported" to us instead of tagging us in the forums going forward. Please send us over a request and we'll look at it, thank you.

I actually think that makes a lot of sense. Will do that going forward. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I think this is a good location for this development. It’s in close proximity to both a light rail stop and the 41 bus on Polk St. If it is anything like the Campanile on Commerce, it will look much more presentable than the renderings suggest.

That being said, there really needs to be more market rate multi-family development along the Purple and Green Lines to keep pace with all of these predominately affordable complexes going in. I’m surprised nothing is happening along Harrisburg near Sampson and York (aside from another mixed-income development noted in @ljchou’s chart above). 

• Like 6

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...