Mobile Ads

Montrose1100

Anyone else on Mobile notice how annoying the ads are? They're like a shutter constantly lowering on the screen. Even when hidden, the arrows can get in the way of navigating the site.

I'm all for generating revenue for the site but it makes it super annoying to casually browse.

• 7 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 8:22 AM, Montrose1100 said:

Anyone else on Mobile notice how annoying the ads are? They're like a shutter constantly lowering on the screen. Even when hidden, the arrows can get in the way of navigating the site.

I'm all for generating revenue for the site but it makes it super annoying to casually browse.

Alright so the ads on desktop are doing this now. I can't access some of the page without Walmart coming from the top and right banners. Expanding across my screen, like super centers sprawling across our nation to swallow every mom and pop shop WHOLE. 

• 1 month later...

Yeah, the ads can be problematic.  Fortunately, most of the more annoying ones have gone.

I'm not sure what I can do about this at this time, though.  The ads are selected automatically by a computer based on what it thinks you want to see.  We've already filtered out the worst categories, but there isn't a way to flag individual ads or ad types.  If it was up to me, we'd only show static image ads like in the old days.  

Sorry I can't be more helpful with this.  If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.

Archived