Mod Next Door To Me Is For Sale

stolitx

The mod next to me now has a for sale sign in front of it. The exterior has a great mod style. I've never been inside so I can't tell how original the inside is.

The house is not showing up on the mls yet so I don't know the price range. I believe the address is 7838 Santa Elena.

If you come to my Holiday Open House Sunday, you can at least see their house from the outside.

I'll post an exterior photo later from home. My work system won't allow me to access photo hosting sites.

I have been in that house, it still has not hit MLS yet though. It is around 3100 sq ft and has a 16,000 sq ft lot. It needs some work, and does have some alterations but enough good original things remain too.

It has a formal living room up front, but no formal dining. It's 4 bedrooms and you could easily open up some walls and create a larger formal area and formal dining by taking in the 4th bedroom if you wanted.

The house has built ins like mad. The baths have floor to ceiling drawers and one of the bedrooms has these built in cabinets that must have been for a home office. All different size drawers in odd shapes. There are 2.5 baths and they retain original cabinetry and some old mod fixtures. The original tile has been removed and new ceramic has been put in there and on a lot of the flooring in other parts of the house.

The den/breakfast/kitchen area has an elevated ceiling with a row of narrow clerestory windows. The original doors with the square little windows are there. The kitchen looks like it has original cabinetry down, but the doors on the upper cabinets were changed out at some point. It still has the original paneling in the den, which is huge.

The eaves outside are that pegboard, and there is a lot of painting and detail work that needs to be done. Still, the lines of the house are very, very good & the lot is huge too. It does have enormous potential.

There is another house in there too on Wynlea and Dover. It's a small, modest mod, but someone on a tight budget could do a lot with it. It's one large room with a vaulted beamed ceiling bisected by a flagstone wall 3/4's of the way up. The kitchen is behind the wall and the dining at one end. It is only a two bedroom, two bath, but for $98,500 asking price, someone could really fix it up nice. Like a lot of mods, it's not that much from the street, but the interior is real interesting. They still have the original blueprints too.

There is another house in there too on Wynlea and Dover. It's a small, modest mod, but someone on a tight budget could do a lot with it. It's one large room with a vaulted beamed ceiling bisected by a flagstone wall 3/4's of the way up. The kitchen is behind the wall and the dining at one end. It is only a two bedroom, two bath, but for $98,500 asking price, someone could really fix it up nice. Like a lot of mods, it's not that much from the street, but the interior is real interesting. They still have the original blueprints too.

hr1557290-2.jpg

7742 Wynlea- It looks really nice for the price but it's close to the airport. The trees are great.

hr1557290-7.jpg

RPS- Please post the architect or designer if you get a chance to see the plans.

From the description of the house at 7838 Santa Elena by the listing agent, it seems he does not know much about what he is selling.

From the description of the house at 7838 Santa Elena by the listing agent, it seems he does not know much about what he is selling.

He has no idea what he is selling. The native language of the woman who owns the home is Spanish so I'm sure she went with a Realtor who is Spanish speaking. That's his niche market.

The one on Wynlea was designed by J.D. Dansby Jr. and build by C.E. Martin Construction. There was a different Dansby that was prevalent in Pasadena, however, I think this is the one that developed and/or designed those two streets of ranch houses on Banks & Milford(?) behind Broad Acres in the Museum District. It is the one that also designed the round-fronted Montalbano house on Glenforest & Santa Elena.

That house is also available for lease as well. The planes, surprisingly are not much of an issue there, but you could literally walk to Hobby from it.

As for the Santa Elena house, just waiting now on the agent to post us some interior shots.

• 4 weeks later...

well after several attempts, (long story), I was finally able to get some interior pics of the mod for sale at 7838 Santa Elena. The house has a lot of good details intact, light fixtures and tile work would not be on that list though. The bones are good and there are some really interesting architectural features. The baths need work but you can tell they were the height of something at one time.

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

There are a ton of built ins in the master bedroom, then these in the master bath

IMG_0950.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

This is the 4th bedroom but I think it was a study at some point. More of the odd built ins

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

The house sits on a good block, all the others around it are well maintained.

IMG_0960.jpg

that's the problem. it does not show well with the current stuff in it. It will take someone who can see beyond the shortcomings to see the possibilities on this one. I think if someone redid it they could have a really cool mod.

• The title was changed to Mod Next Door To Me Is For Sale

Archived