HAIF - Houston's original social media

Found a company "White Rhino Cantina" registered with active sales permits for the co-located address (319 Milby St.). They have a Facebook and an Instagram, but neither have been updated in a few years. Curious if the same company is still planning on this location. Looks to be a Mexican restaurant with a beer garden. The land owned is the current building and the lot next door with the Winnebago in it.

Edited by ljchou
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, ljchou said:

Found a company "White Rhino Cantina" registered with active sales permits for the co-located address (319 Milby St.). They have a Facebook and an Instagram, but neither have been updated in a few years. Curious if the same company is still planning on this location. Looks to be a Mexican restaurant with a beer garden. The land owned is the current building and the lot next door with the Winnebago in it.

I believe there was an old TABC notice in the window of that building (before the renovations started) from maybe 2017 that alluded to White Rhino. Whatever that was intended to be, I imagine it was canceled and this construction is for something different.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Looks like there's an outdoor bar attached to the window and some plants/gravel going in outside.They're calling themselves a "beer garden" on their facebook page so I could see this becoming mostly patio.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 9/18/2020 at 10:45 AM, thedistrict84 said:

I have some bad news for you: I drove by yesterday and the motorhome had been removed from the property. 

thanks for this breaking news, which was indeed bad. 😉

• Haha 6
16 hours ago, ljchou said:

They're now posting on instagram as @whiterhinohtx - promoting sustainability and support for the rhinoceros and endangered animal species.

that's totally cool.

I was lowkey kind of hoping for them to bring back the Winnebago and go with a Spaceballs theme, but this one is much more altruistic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...