Broadstone EaDo: Multifamily At 2424 Bell St.

hindesky

On 10/21/2020 at 9:02 AM, Paco Jones said:

Bad news.  Broadstone EaDo will not be moving forward.  Possibly in the future, but there are no plans as of right now.

Damn it. I swear Lovett cant keep a plan together for more than 15 minutes before something falls through. So disappointing. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eastdwntwn said:

Damn it. I swear Lovett cant keep a plan together for more than 15 minutes before something falls through. So disappointing. 

This is unfortunate, but not really Lovett's fault. Alliance is a pretty solid developer, but equity for urban MF in Houston has dried up. Anyone who isn't already capitalized will be waiting for a while until investor demand comes back. 

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Broadstone EaDo: Emancipation, Bell, St. Charles And Leeland
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
11 hours ago, astrohip said:

Sad. I ate there many a lunch. Got a little hot in the summer (no indoors), but the burgers were worth it.

My first job was at the corner of Polk & Dowling  Emancipation (across from the Houston Post bldg), and then Pease & Bastrop.  We ate at a steam table diner called Shanley's (no, that's not right, can't think of the name, Leeland & Hutchins), and Sparkle Burger, and then a Church's opened up. 1976 or so. I'm old. 😁

Love your personal, and for lack of better words, ordinary stories of Houston history. You hear all the big stuff but it’s cool to see a more intimate day to day history of our city.

• Like 7

8 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

Love your personal, and for lack of better words, ordinary stories of Houston history. You hear all the big stuff but it’s cool to see a more intimate day to day history of our city.

Thanks, appreciate the kind words. Be careful what you ask for... since I mentioned Pease St above, here's a Pease story...

In 1963, on Nov 21, JFK came to Houston. Landed at Ellington, drove in the nascent Gulf Fwy, exited at Pease (you had to, there was no Pierce Elevated yet), and drove into downtown. I have home movies (somewhere, in a box), we were standing on the side of Pease where it drops into downtown, along with thousands, watching, waving, cheering, jeering, as JFK drove into town. I remember someone on the opposite side of the road held up a "Goldwater in '64" sign.

Ok, no more digressing, I promise.

• Like 6

• 8 months later...
10 hours ago, E.Res said:

Is the meeting for the variance only?

Nope, it will be part of the normal Planning Commission Agenda.  

7 hours ago, Texasota said:

They post the meeting agenda the Friday before on the Plat Tracker website - it includes all the variance requests, often with drawings/renderings.

I wish they were posted as they are filed, like with permits :/

• Like 1

Details from variance request:

* All parking on eastern block that will connect with sky bridge.

* Building setback along Emancipation to 26'. 9' safety buffer, 8' sidewalk, and "private yards" for apartment units.

* Bell will have added parking that will act as a safety buffer and have a 12' sidewalk.

I can't imagine that this won't go through. 

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Broadstone EaDo: Multifamily By Alliance Residential
  • 1 month later...
On 4/13/2022 at 11:23 AM, Eastdwntwn said:

Explanation of what this means? lol

From what I gather as the most amateur person here is that they now have a permit in the system with their full plans. Those plans will be reviewed by the city for compliance to codes, etc. and if approved, it'll open the door for work to begin -- with additional permits required for each major item (building, plumbing, electrical), of course.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ljchou said:

From what I gather as the most amateur person here is that they now have a permit in the system with their full plans. Those plans will be reviewed by the city for compliance to codes, etc. and if approved, it'll open the door for work to begin -- with additional permits required for each major item (building, plumbing, electrical), of course.

That's about as correct an answer as you can provide without getting into the weeds. Good job!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...