Broadstone EaDo: Multifamily At 2424 Bell St.

hindesky

I'm certain I saw a topic about this but couldn't find it. Merge if necessary.

Multi block apartments by Alliance Broadstone in Eado. Saw signs on all sides of this future project. I assume the retail portion on the northern side will continue. Sparkle burger on the southwest corner was closed and abandoned, I wonder if they moved elsewhere? They were pretty good old school burgers but don't ever order a double, they were huge.

PTFQVA9.jpg

ClADj5R.jpg

9qk4alZ.jpg

Edited by hindesky
couldn't
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, cspwal said:

Found the preexisting topic in the The East End and East Houston subforum

Honestly, I feel like this project should be kept here in Going Up since it includes the additional lot fronting Leeland.

Save the other post in the neighborhood forum for Lovett’s half-baked, constantly in flux “plans” for the Houston Post building.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, cspwal said:

I thought they were the same thing for some reason

This Alliance Broadstone project is only utilizing the southern half of the lot. The northern half of the lot where the old Houston Post building remains will presumably still be redeveloped separately by Lovett.

A site plan for Alliance Broadstone posted in the neighborhood forum excludes the northern part of the lot.

Edited by thedistrict84
Clarification
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, Luminare said:

Looks like another combination Alliance + EDI International project. Looks decent. Of course EDI and/or alliance don't seem ready to jump on the GFR train yet.

Site Plan:

WjJ3BhW.jpg

The image to the right states "Ground Parking Retail Level" 

Is this an indication of possible retail?

Edited by ErickEdgar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ErickEdgar said:

Good question. If Lovett let them build on the south end of the block then my guess is they stipulated that they incorporate the future parking requirements for whatever is going to happen with the existing building on the north part of the block. Smart move if they did this. So probably not for this specific development, but whatever Lovett does with the north building later.

2 minutes ago, ErickEdgar said:

My guess is that they will have an arrangement with Lovett to have that part of the Alliance Broadstone parking garage used for Lovett’s redeveloped Houston Post building immediately next door.

1 minute ago, Luminare said:

Good question. If Lovett let them build on the south end of the block then my guess is they stipulated that they incorporate the future parking requirements for whatever is going to happen with the existing building on the north part of the block. Smart move if they did this. So probably not for this specific development, but whatever Lovett does with the north building later.

I think you beat me to this point by about 15 seconds lol

I would agree about the move to have this parking count towards the required parking for the Lovett redevelopment of the Houston Post building, but isn’t this property within the area of EaDo recently excluded from parking minimums? Or does that end at Emancipation?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thedistrict84 said:

I think you beat me to this point by about 15 seconds lol

I would agree about the move to have this parking count towards the required parking for the Lovett redevelopment of the Houston Post building, but isn’t this property within the area of EaDo recently excluded from parking minimums? Or does that end at Emancipation?

Pretty sure it's in the area that no longer has parking minimums.  But the elimination of city-imposed parking minimums does not eliminate the need for parking.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Houston19514 said:

Pretty sure it's in the area that no longer has parking minimums.  But the elimination of city-imposed parking minimums does not eliminate the need for parking.

Correct on both counts, and this is a really interesting way already how the market is sorting itself out. Immediately developers are working together to share or off-load parking, as well as come up with creative solutions to problems. Its almost as if the free-market in most cases finds a way to solve problems better than top down requirements. Who would have guessed, right?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

Right, I was just clarifying whether it was required or not. @Luminare suggested it might be required, and I was just pointing out that it might be inside the zone in EaDo that has had parking requirements lifted.

In my earlier comment just a few minutes prior to the one that you quoted, I acknowledged that parking was necessary for the Lovett redevelopment of the Post building, and that the indication of retail parking on the Alliance Broadstone site plan—which otherwise doesn’t seem to include GFR—indicates that the two developers have apparently come to an agreement regarding providing parking for the Post building.

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Broadstone EaDo - Emancipation, Bell, St. Charles and Leeland
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive been noticing this lately (in single family homes), and maybe the architects can chime in on it. But I've noticed more and more structures with painted black elements on the facade, and I was wondering if that has any deleterious effects on the energy efficiency of the building. 

• Like 3

Any idea of what is happening to the blocks East and West of this? The block immediately East is owned by the catholic church and is listed for sale. The block west has a house on it, currently occupied by the EaDo Management District. The rest of that block is empty. Hoping someone has some insight. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

The city of Houston is doing sewer work along Bell St.  Alliance Broadstone might be waiting on that to finish and for Lovett to finish their work on their mixed use project. Lovett is using the north portion of Broadstone's north side apartments as a lay down yard. Work is rapidly progressing on Lovett's portion.

Wl15gZc.jpg

s5Lyq8e.jpg

oHtqpBb.jpg

• Like 5

That area's come a long way. I worked there, corner of Polk & Emancipation (then called Dowling) for several years in the mid 1970s. We were right across the street from the Houston Post bldg. Vagrants everywhere, and you always wanted to leave work before it got dark. It was not unusual to hear gunshots at night.

• Like 3