21-Story Mixed-Use High-Rise At 514 Elgin St.

ricco67

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...

Please, someone help me out on this: there on three obvious towers going up in midtown (3300 Main "Jewel in the Crown" a block north of MATCH; the possible office component of Mid-Main at 3501 Main a block east of Mid-Main; and the possible on the shorter side mixed-use at Louisiana and Anita); there is also this tower ("The Courtlandt"?) which may be going up at the block bound by Main Travis Francis and Holman (which does appear to be MATCH'S block.) The map on the first page of this threat has the arched building coming down for this, but isn't it coming down for the "Jewel"? Does MATCH not take up the whole block?

More succinctly, what is this and where is this supposed to be again?

• 2 weeks later...

Please, someone help me out on this: there on three obvious towers going up in midtown (3300 Main "Jewel in the Crown" a block north of MATCH; the possible office component of Mid-Main at 3501 Main a block east of Mid-Main; and the possible on the shorter side mixed-use at Louisiana and Anita); there is also this tower ("The Courtlandt"?) which may be going up at the block bound by Main Travis Francis and Holman (which does appear to be MATCH'S block.) The map on the first page of this threat has the arched building coming down for this, but isn't it coming down for the "Jewel"? Does MATCH not take up the whole block?

More succinctly, what is this and where is this supposed to be again?

The actual site for this one remains unknown. MATCH takes up the entire block.

• 10 months later...

Site across from Pearl Whole Foods, 28 floors.

http://www.munozalbin.com/64-courtland.html

This 150-unit, apartment tower is

designed in an urban setting with a

food and beverage component on the

ground level. The project is a podium

type facility with parking capacity to

support the residents and a number

of food and beverage facilities on site

and on neighboring sites.

The tower massing and the envelope

solution compliment the downtown

corridor views it will offer the

residents that is in close proximity to

the tower. The architectural

expression of the tower transitions

from a limited progressive appearance

on the upper levels to a more

traditional ground and second level.

The lower levels speak stylistically

with the neighborhood and brakes the

scale of the project to appeal to the

pedestrian traffic.

2016_10_21_courtlandt%20residential.jpg?

courtlandt%20without%20signage%20small-c

this is awesome, but is it likely? Didn't we hear some rumblings about that site already...

I would like to believe even though the market is down, developers still see the benefit of starting a project that will deliver in 2019 or 2020...

So has this project received a transfusion or is this just in response to the above question about what was once proposed for this parcel?

Isn't this on the site of the much missed Van Loc? Since they closed down one of my favorite spots they owe us a building.

I don't know if we're going to get this or any other new highrises in this cycle, except maybe the Caydon one. But regardless of what happens, the cycle has brought us this much: Downtown/Midtown/Museum District are now THE neighborhoods for residential high rise development in this city. Not the Galleria. Midtown took the longest - even just two years ago a developer would have stayed on Montrose Blvd. and not risked going further east; now any available block of land in central Midtown west of Fannin is being sniffed over by high rise developers. And by the time the MFAH expansion is finished, you could pave the streets near it in gold for what the land will be worth. Expect vertical.

I think the Galleria area highrises will evolve toward a mature crowd, empty nesters. Young people want urban and Post Oak Blvd. isn't it. Nor are any of the faux-urban environments in that area. Those of us who have touted urbanism on this forum for 15 years may still have to worry about whether this or that development will be done, but we will not have to worry about which neighborhoods are the focus or what kind of development (i.e. urban or anti-urban) is getting built.

On 11/13/2016 at 4:35 PM, H-Town Man said:

I don't know if we're going to get this or any other new highrises in this cycle, except maybe the Caydon one. But regardless of what happens, the cycle has brought us this much: Downtown/Midtown/Museum District are now THE neighborhoods for residential high rise development in this city. Not the Galleria. Midtown took the longest - even just two years ago a developer would have stayed on Montrose Blvd. and not risked going further east; now any available block of land in central Midtown west of Fannin is being sniffed over by high rise developers. And by the time the MFAH expansion is finished, you could pave the streets near it in gold for what the land will be worth. Expect vertical.

I think the Galleria area highrises will evolve toward a mature crowd, empty nesters. Young people want urban and Post Oak Blvd. isn't it. Nor are any of the faux-urban environments in that area. Those of us who have touted urbanism on this forum for 15 years may still have to worry about whether this or that development will be done, but we will not have to worry about which neighborhoods are the focus or what kind of development (i.e. urban or anti-urban) is getting built.

I think Greater Uptown has more mixed age group than perceived. The thing is, we tend to want to go to the inner loop neighborhoods for drinks, dinner, and outdoor activities. I mean we are living in the suburbs :P

• 2 years later...
  • UNITS

• PARKING

758 Cars / 322,276 gsf

That's 2.6 cars per unit.  Seems excessive - even if you assume 2 cars per every unit, you only need 582 spots, so there's 176 extra spots for the retail component.  Doesn't that seem like a lot?

Archived