21-Story Mixed-Use High-Rise At 514 Elgin St.

ricco67

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The block bounded by Heiner, Saulnier, Robin, and Crosby just across 45 from downtown was being fenced off this morning.

Edit: Urbannizer mentioned something happening in this general area earlier in this topic, so I figured I'd stick this here.

My coworkers park there and were all turned away this morning.  I walked right by it and didn't even notice.

The block bounded by Heiner, Saulnier, Robin, and Crosby just across 45 from downtown was being fenced off this morning.

Edit: Urbannizer mentioned something happening in this general area earlier in this topic, so I figured I'd stick this here.

This should be for Broadstone Skyline.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/29630-broadstone-skyline-near-downtown/

• 1 month later...

If you are talking about the site that is shown on the pdf then you are wrong. MATCH is much further in Midtown. This is near the old Sears building and across the street from the Wheeler Station.

A part of Midtown that desperately needs attention. It's literally the homeless camp-out for the whole area and just looks dreadful...

I appreciate the illustration, but it shouldn't be considered further evidence of where the hi-rise is going. Common Ground is apparently a very new brokerage firm (they only had half a website when they slapped up their signs on the wheeler lot a couple months back) so it's not like they are the driving force behind this major project. Furthermore, they have a strong interest in overstating the proximity and inevitability of major projects to the land they are marketing. They have probably read this thread and just prettified the same info we all already had.

The site in the PDF is Main @ Richmond.

Yes and no. The site in the PDF is the Common Ground site and it not a highrise. The property is simply for sale at this point and this was the whole point of the PDF... to market their site on everything that is and is upcoming to Midtown.

The highrise that Urbannizer is talking about is located at the wrong place in the PDF since we know MATCH has the entire block and no additional highrise will exist on the same lot.

The block north of MATCH should be the true location of this highrise and whoever created the PDF, probably just put it at the wrong location.

Yeah, the proposed hi-rise apts (with approx 20,000sf GFR) is slated to go on the block where the old permitting building is located

Sounds like you know a lil somethin about this project... That's a good bit of retail for one block. Any idea how many stories it is? Have you seen the rendering?

Sweet mother of God, Bob Shultz was right.

Mid-Main is going to be Houstons own miniature version of "soho" "tribeca" "wicker park" etc in about 20-30 years.

I can see it.

That's an impressive set of maps; it would be interesting to match up the reality with the vision.

Any other theaters besides Ensemble and MATCH?

It's a shame Midtown doesn't publish a monthly development map just like Downtown does.

Agreed. For what it's worth, you can see most major developments on devmap.io. It's crowd informed so subject to speculation, but at least it updates faster than the downtown development map. I'll try to add this project tonight if no one beats me to it.

At this point, we could use Midtown, Montrose, Downtown, Upper Kirby, Uptown, Memorial City, and Energy Corridor maps. There is too much going on for me to keep up with.

I saw one for the EC recently but it didn't seen nestling as complete as the downtown map

At this point, we could use Midtown, Montrose, Downtown, Upper Kirby, Uptown, Memorial City, and Energy Corridor maps. There is too much going on for me to keep up with.

CBRE can't keep up with it all, either. They just split their development map into one more district, which they have nicknamed "Energy Corridor 2" (that just means it takes in the Exxon Mobil project and part of the north Grand Parkway).

Archived