Jeff Ward out at KLBJ-AM

houblu

On 12/6/2019 at 3:27 PM, houblu said:

http://www.talkers.com/2019/10/03/thursday-october-3-2019/

A bit late and an out of town story, but their daytime signal does cover Houston. In my opinion Ward's afternoon drivetime show and the weekend gardening shows were the only worthwhile local content that KLBJ-AM had left, at least they've still got the garden shows.

I'm assuming the beginning of the end for the station ?

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:27 PM, houblu said:

http://www.talkers.com/2019/10/03/thursday-october-3-2019/

A bit late and an out of town story, but their daytime signal does cover Houston. In my opinion Ward's afternoon drivetime show and the weekend gardening shows were the only worthwhile local content that KLBJ-AM had left, at least they've still got the garden shows.

Jeff Ward was pretty talented but he spoke as authoritatively about topics he knew little about as he did on topics that he understood well. Got a little irritating at times.

Find what fault you will, compared to his competition on our local airwaves, such as Hannity, Savage, and for many years the Rush re-runs thanks to Dan Patrick, Ward was a master of entertaining wit and discretion. He branded himself as libertarian (whatever that is) and that allowed him to get away with saying things that would otherwise have been unimaginable on any AM station in this state. But when Sinclair bought the station he apparently could not move over to the right far enough and a meeting of the minds was not possible. I imagine it didn’t help that he must have also been the highest paid on-air talent at the station.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 2:40 PM, houblu said:

Find what fault you will, compared to his competition on our local airwaves, such as Hannity, Savage, and for many years the Rush re-runs thanks to Dan Patrick, Ward was a master of entertaining wit and discretion. He branded himself as libertarian (whatever that is) and that allowed him to get away with saying things that would otherwise have been unimaginable on any AM station in this state. But when Sinclair bought the station he apparently could not move over to the right far enough and a meeting of the minds was not possible. I imagine it didn’t help that he must have also been the highest paid on-air talent at the station.

I'm assuming slightly not a big deal ?

Archived