Sign in to follow this  
dbigtex56

327 Westheimer Rd

327 Westheimer Rd (formerly Sacred Heart Tattoo) was demolished today. Another little piece of Montrose bites the dust.
RIP

sacred.PNG

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, Toopicky said:

Now they need to doze Old Man Jack's (recently deceased) place next door....

No, "they" don't.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dbigtex56 said:

No, "they" don't.

Old Man Jack's house is a structural wreck .... heck, it would have probably fallen down in a storm if not for the overgrowth that has been holding it together.  Everyone I know who has been inside it says that there is absolutely no salvage value , and would most likely have been condemned a long time ago if not for Old Man's Jack's legal appeals

• Like 1

I get it. Both the Sacred Heart and Old Man Jack properties would have required a prohibitive amount of $ to make either habitable, which would almost certainly exceed even the most wildly optimistic estimates of their final value.
What's regrettable is that there's a strong probability that after century-old houses are cleared, a significant portion of both lots will become the ultimate eyesore - parking. 
Here's hoping that whatever replaces these buildings will share the same proximity to the street, and contribute to efforts to preserve the walkability factor in Montrose. - but I'm not optimistic.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, dbigtex56 said:

What's regrettable is that there's a strong probability that after century-old houses are cleared, a significant portion of both lots will become the ultimate eyesore - parking. 
Here's hoping that whatever replaces these buildings will share the same proximity to the street, and contribute to efforts to preserve the walkability factor in Montrose. - but I'm not optimistic.

On that we can both agree .... I just hope the rat infestation that it housed is handled before they tear it down. It will take some time yet even though the heirs are anxious to sell as I hear the title isn't clear.

• Like 1

I mentioned in the Wings Of Houston thread that i wish they would knock that down and make it parking for Avant Garden finally which is truly needed as their whole parking situation is a mess...however that isn't my first choice IF they will build that parking garage off westheimer mentioned in the Montrose Collective thread that would serve as a "universal"/community parking garage for Montrose...that is soooooooooo needed...especially in that area where walking around place to place is or could be easy to do...and fun...and to have quick, safe and convenient parking even at a minimal cost would be worth it in my opinion. 

Edited by gene
  • Like 1